lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Rookie asking again and I hope got the right board

Rookie asking again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the real difference in a Drive Clutch and a Driven clutch, I posted in a earlier post about screwing up.

Well I got out to my cart and looked and I had bought a Driven clutch. Like I stated before it runs good on flat surface and no load but under load it has a very hard time pulling it self. The belt looks good and I will get the number on it and post later. I guess I am a true rookie. Any help would be appreciated as turkey season is about 3 weeks.

Admiral Nelson
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Admiral Nelson
Find More Posts by Admiral Nelson
Add Admiral Nelson to Your Contacts

Today, 06:45 PM #2
scottyb
Rut Row

Re: Rookie asking again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you know by now, the drive is on the engine and the driven is on the transaxle.... Go ahead and put the driven on and see how it works..... It may be all you need. Also on the belt you should try replacing it with a slightly shorter one. This will give you more low end torque and for the price of a belt which you say you need anyway... it's the best bang for your buck....now lets see if someone can chime in with the shorter belt # for your cart? What year and model?
Note we are in the wrong section. No tech questions OR ANSWERS here! MY bad...Please post what make and yr cart you have then we will ask a moderator to move it to the right section.....

scottyb
View Public Profile
Send a private message to scottyb
Find More Posts by scottyb
Add scottyb to Your Contacts

Today, 07:04 PM #3
Flintrock
Gone Wild

Admiral, I realize you are very new, and most of us here are very patient and willing to help, but there are a few things missing in your post in order to get some responses from members that can help you:
Post in the appropriate category, assuming Gas EZ GO.
Tell us your make and model, and even better post a pic or two.

Here's the basic on the clutches:
Picture a 10 speed bike.
Front sprocket= Bigger, more torque, smaller more speed.
Rear sprocket= Bigger, more torque, smaller more speed.
Leg strength= Horse power to make that happen, depending on the size of your tires and the weight of your bike.

It sounds like your cart doesn't have the horsepower, and that can be a lot of things!
If it seems to run OK the first thing that I would do is a compression check, thats where your power comes from. If I over simplified I apologize, just trying to get a meaningful dialogue started.........

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
-Teddy Roosevelt

and, Speak softly but carry a big stick!

Flintrock
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Flintrock
Find More Posts by Flintrock
Add Flintrock to Your Contacts

Today, 07:19 PM #4
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys and point me in the right direction as where to post, I will get some pictures tomorrow and I think it a EZ Go 91 4 stroke and the belt number si 1354 0806 266 and I bought it at a EZ dealer a couple of years ago. I use my cart about 2 or 3 time a year hunting. Ps How does the Driven clutch come off I saw the great picture how the Drive clutch came off
Admiral Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO