lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
Basscat22
Not Yet Wild

Default Oil leak

I have an 05 club car ds with fe290 motor. Had an oil leak a while back on the clutch side. So I replaced the case cover gasket and the shaft seal. It lasted about a month and started leaking again. So I take the motor back out and it is leaking from the shafts seal. So I replaced it. And guess what leaking again. Is there a trick to putting these things in. How far do they need to be pushed in. Or is the a certain brand seal that is better. Shaft is in good shape.
Basscat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2018, 06:58 AM   #2
unknwn
Getting Wild

Default Re: Oil leak

Your problem -might- be easier to solve if you provide some back-story.
Oil leakage (symptom) like what you are experiencing generally occurs because of some sort of over riding cause.
I spent some time studying an exploded view of a parts catalogue and the lack of pressurized bearing (ball bearing vs. plain bearing) and what seems might be a decidedly thin seal (sealing lip & dust lip vs. multiple sealing lips) leads me to speculate that there might be an overpressure of the crankcase forcing oil past the weakest link in the chain (fairly narrow crankshaft seal with minimal number of sealing lips) .
This can occur because of an occluded crankcase vent (pinched hose, overfull oil level, ???) or weakening of the piston rings (overheated? or wear) or VERY FEW other possibilities.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:34 PM   #3
GoBlue452
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Oil leak

Basscat22

Did you ever figure out why your cart kept leaking from the crank seal?

I have the exact same thing going on! I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Thanks so much!
GoBlue452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car