lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
dwk2infl
Not Yet Wild

Cool Star EV Wheel/Tire Upgrade

After speaking with a couple golf cart enthusiasts and a rep from Jake’s Lift Kits, I’m leaning towards not purchasing a lift kit. For one, I can’t find a long travel kit for the Star, and two, I’ve been told that the cart’s turning radius increases. Does anyone know the max wheel/tire size for a stock 2010 Star EV?
dwk2infl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
dwk2infl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Star EV Wheel/Tire Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwk2infl View Post
After speaking with a couple golf cart enthusiasts and a rep from Jake’s Lift Kits, I’m leaning towards not purchasing a lift kit. For one, I can’t find a long travel kit for the Star, and two, I’ve been told that the cart’s turning radius increases. Does anyone know the max wheel/tire size for a stock 2010 Star EV?
*Update*
Purchased a set of 12” wheels with 20” AT tires and they fit perfect with no lift kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2478A989-7D16-4DCE-A1B9-8F05DC58AA05.jpg (187.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
pfancy
Not Yet Wild

I put 22s on mine. I get a little rub on the back over bumps if someone is riding back there
pfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:13 AM   #4
zoner
Not Yet Wild

I have a Zone (which is basically the same as a Star) and I have 215/50-12's on my unlifted cart and no rubbing. Spec sheet says they are 20.5" tall.

zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #5
dwk2infl
Not Yet Wild

Found a 4” and 6” lift for the Star EV but I’m happy to save the near $400 and use the money somewhere else, like batteries

Tags
lift kit, star, tire size, wheel size
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay