lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2019, 08:03 PM   #11
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gifted Zone cart damaged while towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonecarter View Post
Ok so I wasn't exactly sure how to test the motor but did some digging and pretty much just followed this guys setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXM3oIJEnWk

Got some sparks, but no real action to the wheels. I just found my old voltmeter so I'll run some other tests and see what I can find.
I would think if you did not get any movement from the motor doing this test, it is most likely toast. If it were to work, it certainly would not be long for this world. If you can't find a new motor, you could try seeing if a shop will rebuild it. Heck that might even be less expensive than a new motor.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #12
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gifted Zone cart damaged while towing

Check out this thread.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-smoking.html

Maybe post on there asking if the same tests and target readings from the tests would apply to your cart. You could also try sending a private message to johnnieb who is posting in that thread. He knows his stuff!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay