lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
Dunedin
Not Yet Wild

Default Rubber Bushings 2008 Star Cart

Hi All
I have a 2008 Star Cart 36v I'm going to clean up. Runs fine. Batteries are 2 yrs old. Maitanance record state it goes 18.5 mph.

It has a roof and rear seat. I pulled it all apart to clean up and paint. All the Rubber Bushings/spacers are shot. I'm searching Google but can't seem to locate Star hardware. Any go too sites for hardware you know of? Is there parts manuals for Star Carts online? Any and all resources would be appreciated.

This is my first experience with a cart. Can't wait to clean this thing up and go wheelen around.

Thank you.

Jay
Dunedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
mlj427
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rubber Bushings 2008 Star Cart

On my 2010 for the steering shaft I used a small shock boot. And bought some other rubber parts from the Star dealer. Good luck
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
Dunedin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj427 View Post
On my 2010 for the steering shaft I used a small shock boot. And bought some other rubber parts from the Star dealer. Good luck
Thx
I have no local Star dealers close by. I tried going to a Yamaha dealer but they didn't seem to interested in helping me because it was a Star.

I just stripped off all the paint and rust from all the tubes . Retired the batteries and main wires. Surprised it was working after seeing what shape it was in. Going to resand and prime tomorrow. Then sand down the roof and body next. Couple days fishing in between. Should have this done by next week if I can find a few dozen rubber spacers/bushing.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Star "Classic" carts are kind of EZGO copies, but I've never had the occasion to change out suspension bushings and all on one yet. Might use some common bushings to an EZGO. Lets see if anyone chimes in as having tried it.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
mlj427
Gone Wild

Just curious what spacers and bushings are you looking for? The front suspension parts or somewhere else on the cart?
Old 02-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #6
Dunedin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj427 View Post
Just curious what spacers and bushings are you looking for? The front suspension parts or somewhere else on the cart?
No, it looks like those were updated already. The roof sits on a half dozen rubber spacers. All shot. Also the frame work that holds the roof up has several in between the frame and roof that all need replacing. Between the body panel and the framing as well.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:37 PM   #7
mlj427
Gone Wild

My Star is at the camper now so I can’t look at them do you have a picture? Could be something at a good hardware store rubber washers, grommets, maybe a rubber bumper.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts