lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2019, 07:08 AM   #1
2l8iwn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Yamaha YDRE wont run..

I have a Yamaha YDRE that won't move. Tested the solenoid off the cart and it works normally but wont click off the key on or off the pedal. Checked stop switch for continuity and it appears to be working normally. Checked for pack voltage at the controller when pedal is pressed and it is getting 48v. When checking the small solenoid terminals i am getting pack voltage to both sides but the controller is not grounding the negative side when pedal is pressed. Checked the run/tow switch for continuity when off/on and it appears to be working as normal. Tested (key) main switch for pack voltage and it is working normally. I have not tested the motor yet but that is only because i am getting no click from the solenoid. The reverse buzzer is working when f&r switch is in reverse. Any help and guidance is appreciated.
2l8iwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
2l8iwn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha YDRE wont run..help please

After looking through the box the new controller came in it had some troubleshooting steps if the new controller isnt working. All the tests passed so now i am truly stumped. I guess the next step is to test the motor.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:19 AM   #3
Kerusm
Getting Wild

The Hitachi motors in the Drives are known to fail. I would definitely
test it.
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:57 AM   #4
2l8iwn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerusm View Post
The Hitachi motors in the Drives are known to fail. I would definitely
test it.
I am pulling it today to test it and inspect it. I do find it strange that the motor would cause the solenoid to not even click.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #5
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha YDRE wont run..

I am having the same problem with a G19E. I started my own thread though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 AM   #6
2l8iwn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentofdestiny View Post
I am having the same problem with a G19E. I started my own thread though.

If i find the solution i will post it back here and send you a PM. If you figure it out first drop me a line please.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #7
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2l8iwn View Post
If i find the solution i will post it back here and send you a PM. If you figure it out first drop me a line please.

Sounds good. I will. My solenoid was new and controller was rebuilt and same issue so it's wiring or motor or some other component now.

trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #8
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yes sir those Yamaha Drives can be a real pleasure to work on. Did you keep the MORIC controller or did you go ALLTRAX? We had a lot of issue with the Tow-Run and the fuses on the drives. We seldom go back with stock OEM motor -Controller instead a D&D with an Alltrax is the way to go...just an opinion
Did you check the foot pedal input switch & F&R, great wiring diagram are out on the internet
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #9
2l8iwn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Yes sir those Yamaha Drives can be a real pleasure to work on. Did you keep the MORIC controller or did you go ALLTRAX? We had a lot of issue with the Tow-Run and the fuses on the drives. We seldom go back with stock OEM motor -Controller instead a D&D with an Alltrax is the way to go...just an opinion
Did you check the foot pedal input switch & F&R, great wiring diagram are out on the internet
We we tested the motor today. Or at least checked continuity to the motor case from all 4 posts and it checked out. We went with a FSIP 300 Amp controller. Is that a MORIC? Below is a link to the controller.

https://www.nivelparts.com/product/3...dels-g29-drive.

As it applies to the F&R, Pedal input switch we have tested and they are operating as normal. The funny thing is i thought these went through a self test with either key on or tow/run switch that then clicks the solenoid on and then off. not even getting that.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

FYI, FSIP cannot rebuild the stock MORIC controller--the one they send is much larger and is NOT compatible with the Palm Pilot programming interface--so diagnostics are no longer possible by that method. Good news is the new versions are pre-programmed to go 18 MPH.

Only modification is adding a second wire to B- since the MORIC has A2 or A1 (not remembering which) sharing the same wire terminal as B-

You won't get the solenoid on/off click when you go from TOW to RUN with the new controller--in fact, I'm not even sure roll-away prevention/speed sensor is even used.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha