lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Default Throtle not at 0 error on controller

My G19 is dead, it has a altrax controller which gives 3 red led blinks, the
internet says this is " throttle not at zero " error, has anyone ever had this problem? Throttle pedal is all the way down.
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throtle not at 0 error on controller

It may be that the throttle signal is very slightly out of adjustment. If you cycle the run tow switch and the error disappears, and the cart runs one time... then go into the program and disable HPD aka high pedal disable.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Thanks Scotty, guess it's time to see if I can find the 9 pin serial cable, old laptop & download the software from their site. I was running ok yesterday then dead today so I will give this procedure a try.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Might be easier to test the throttle signal for starters.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

I did lookup the wiring and the throttle varied 0-5 volts going into the adapter plug the adapter was supplied with the controller, so I was at a loss to why It would not run, my though was if it returned to 0 volts then the throttle must be ok, but still the throttle not at 0 persist.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

What about the pedal micro switch itself? at least, on an RXV that will toss a HPD/High Pedal Disable error which usually means the same.

Throttle not at zero means that the pedal isn't all the way up enough to open the pedal micro switch--not that the ohms aren't zero. It usually indicates the pedal is sticking (dirt, or a bad return spring)

It means the same thing as Key switch SR0 on some club cars--should return to zero means 'should be off when controller is powered on'
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:46 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, since a G19 uses a "0-5000 ohm throttle", 0-5v is not the test we are looking for. Your range on the throttle will likely land in the range of 150 ohm at rest to about 4800 ohm at full throttle. You can adjust the top end of the range down a little bit to get a more favorable "at rest" score, it doesn't need to get to exactly 5000 ohms to achieve full throttle/top speed. Nor does it have to hit exactly Zero ohms to meet "no throttle". Just be sure to check that full throttle is being met once you get it running. The monitor led will turn orange when at full throttle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Thanks, I ment 0 - 5K ohms measured not 0 - 5 volts, anyway the grandkids are here this week so we are going to try and troubleshoot it again today
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha