lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
E-racer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Front End Trailer Hitch

I had a custom trailer hitch receiver made for the front of my cart. Once the receiver was installed, I applied my weight (200 lbs) to the hitch which made the front leaf springs flex somewhat (bow upwards). I'm afraid that the weight of my boat may snap the leaf springs. It's just so much easier manuvering my boat with a front hitch. I know I can get HD springs for the front, but am I waisting my time and money since I will be adding HD leafs to the rear once I purchase a rear seat. What will the ride be like with HD leafs all around? It is an electric cart.
E-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Front End Trailer Hitch

The front spring are tougher than you'd think but it really depends on how much the boat weighs and terrain. A light jon boat shouldn't be a problem but the only way I would consider doing something like that with a bigger fiberglass boat is if I could use a dolly or maybe the trailer jack wheel to take most of the tongue weight. I have seen ezgos used like that for airplanes with no problems but those are relatively light on hard flat ground with no tongue weight to speak of because it's a tow bar hooked to the front wheel.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
E-racer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it's a fairly big boat, 19 feet. I have been doing it with my 74 Club Car for years, but it has a totally different front suspension.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hey e, i lug my 18 footer around with my st sport with no problem, but i have a hd 2' receiver on the back, and that is much easter than a car or truck, ezgo's are a tuff cart and will give more than you think as performance wise, but they have there limitations. i have pulled out bigger things than the cart with the st. it has not failed me yet
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
E-racer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll give it a try before I order some HD leafs. Gotta get the cart out to the river to try it. I'll post some pic's of the hitch receiver when I get a chance.

Tags
2001 txt, 4" lift
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO