lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #11
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plastic and Rivets

I just painted my plastic "console" with krylon for plastic a gloss black and it turned out well. seems to be holding up well too, its only been a few weeks though.
Gerardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #12
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The true test of any paint on plastic is how it responds to -25 degree Wisconsin winters.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As long as you prepped it correctly, that stuff works well I haven't used Krylon, but we've used all the Duplicolor products and have been very pleased

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #14
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
As long as you prepped it correctly, that stuff works well I haven't used Krylon, but we've used all the Duplicolor products and have been very pleased

Mike,

Have ya'll ever painted a roof with a rattle can or, is that something best done by a pro paint job? Thinking of painting my tan roof to either white or black ??
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Kev View Post
Mike,

Have ya'll ever painted a roof with a rattle can or, is that something best done by a pro paint job? Thinking of painting my tan roof to either white or black ??
THe roof is another story! I've not seen one where the paint will stick over time. We have brand new white and / or black tops in stock. Just pick one up when we do your batteries...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The krlon for plastic paints work good! They chemically etch their way into the painted piece.... there is no other better way in my opinion!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

We are home from our motorhome outing. Here is the name of the stuff I used on the black plastic on my '92 Marathon. It had spent most of its life outside and the plastic was a crappy grey. This stuff is a thin liquid that goes on with a foam applicator and is easy to apply. I am very impressed with the look. To me the plastic looks as black as new.

I believe I got the stuff from a auto parts store that specialized in auto body repair supplies.

It is Bumper and Trim Black part number 3400. Made by Urethane Supply Co. Their web site is urethanesupply.com.

I just called them (800-633-3047) as I couldn't find 3400 on their site. 3400 has been discontinued but they still have a small supply left in stock. It is $11.95. They also have a spray can black 3300A that say replaces the 3400 but masking would be needed. I know how well this stuff works and would recommend the 3400 even though it costs more.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
It is Bumper and Trim Black part number 3400. Made by Urethane Supply Co. Their web site is urethanesupply.com.
Good call Jim, I've been using this stuff for at least 10 years and it is a great product.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #19
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Kev View Post
Mike,

Hey Kev
If you are reffering to painting the top on say about a 98 and up ez-go "not sure of the years" don't bother, they have nylon in the build up and getting paint to stick to it "and last" is like trying to paint over Vaseline. Just my two cents worth though.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by master66 View Post
Hey Kev
If you are reffering to painting the top on say about a 98 and up ez-go "not sure of the years" don't bother, they have nylon in the build up and getting paint to stick to it "and last" is like trying to paint over Vaseline. Just my two cents worth though.
I appreciate the heads up

Surface kinda looked more like what you are referring to and I wondered.

Glad Mike's gonna let me " Pick one up" when I'm getting my cables and batts......

I'm just guessing but I'm a thinkin that he was not infering that I could trade him my Tan for one of his White or Blacks......

Was that Passive-Aggressive or What
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO