lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha rear lift /shock extender

just a after thought, if you have a welder, i have made these use 2 sizes of square tubing, then you can make them a little longer or shorter as needed for your wheel size, 2.5" to 3" kit making yourself for under 20 buck of tubing, also the rear, i prefer to run a piece of tubing or pipe to connect the rears together and gives you a place to run wires for you light wires as well
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIE RICH View Post
I have used them on a 4 builds, they do work well if you looking for a little lift, will work with most ITP 10" wheel kits, they are very low cost, they will change the caster/camber on the front, but not to bad, work simlar to the low cost 4" kits but half the price, just make sure the top bolt is very tight and you will be good to go..hope this helps.
You used those shock extenders on the front?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #13
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

yes, i have, but i had made them myself, just have to make sure your block is long enough, and you weld a wedge on the back side of the block to stop it from moving so it is a tight fit, i have one in the shop, i post a picture, real simple, and give you a couple inches of lift for a low cost..
Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIE RICH View Post
yes, i have, but i had made them myself, just have to make sure your block is long enough, and you weld a wedge on the back side of the block to stop it from moving so it is a tight fit, i have one in the shop, i post a picture, real simple, and give you a couple inches of lift for a low cost..
Very Cool! Thanks for the tip. Shure we all like pic's. And if there's a better/easier way to accompish the task....We are all ears.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

another trick that most never think of for lifting rear is using shocks from a ATV, most shock you have to trim down the bushing pin in the shock to fit the golf cart mount, most will have more travel than so beware of tire rub if your spring is to weak, if so compress spring and ad 1 or 2 collars at the bottom of the shock, i have played with that as well, so if you have junk yard for old bikes and ATV around might be a cheap option as well, the only limitation one may have is there imagination and the tools they have in there shop to build what they dream..and of coarse the most important, the size of the wallet......
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

i must make clear on thing as for lifting the front, you can't go nuts here using spacers or shock, REMEMBER FRONT END GEOMETRY.. Lifting your cart this way will lean your tires out and that will make the witdh narrow as well.. also will change the toe, SO BE SAFE and use common sence..
Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
cart de golf
Gone Wild

if you run 20" it will be fine with those extender ,

make it as cheap as possible & enjoy it
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #18
V H PL
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for all the imput on these shock extenders :Sounds like they will lift the cart up enough for 20" tires . I am looking forward to see the pictures of what Richie Rich has done .Can you tell me which ATV shock is longer and will work on the cart .That would give me another way to raise the rear inexpensively ! Richard
V H PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:03 AM   #19
rib33024

Thanks for the info, would like to see some pics---
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #20
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

V H PL you can put 10" wheels with low profile tire (18" tire) on most carts with no lift, if you ad a the 2 1/2" block you can use a 20" no problem as well and may fit some 22"

as for shocks to use,
since cost is always a issue, find a junk yard that you can walk in to find used good parts, most of your smaller 200cc to 350cc will have something your looking for, your looking for something longer than you have on your cart (2" or 3")but with little travel
the block spacer are your cheapest route if you looking for low cost...
also
i beleive the last shock i had use was off a kawi 200cc. they had short spring very little travel, and were about 3" longer,
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha