lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #21
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Good Deal????

i have a curtis pmc controller p/n 73144g06. is this a stock controller or a replacement?
EZ RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Pretty sure that is the EZGO part # for the stock Curtis DCS controller.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #23
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

there are many used cars out there, there are many dealers that take them in trade in bulk from golf coarse, but beware, most don't do anything to them, so you really need to know what your looking at, a low price can be long forgoten when you find you need to replace everything to make it work, just my opinion, but if your buying one used, buy a gas one, electric is great, but battery replacement will kill you in cost and motors are big bucks too.
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #24
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ RIDER View Post
which alltrax would i need for small hills. i also wouldnt be using it daily, and only two or three hours per week. trying to stay as cheap as possible cause i may not keep it. would really like to get a gas powered cart as i have 53 acres to play on. i still need to see what i already have, it may have already been changed.
My bro-n-law has been using his electric 2001 E-Z-GO on his 60 acres since 2003. It is a lifted series cart and he just bought his first set of batteries in the summer of '08. He hauls bags of feed and hay bales to his cows along with his boy and girl riding it for fun. He has spent $500 (batteries) in the 6 1/2 years he has had it. Thats not a bad deal, I'd expect a gas one to cost atleast that in up keep.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #25
RICHIE RICH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

they all have pros and cons...
electric bill or buy gas
buy batteries or or a quart of oil
in the long run over time a gas cart will have lower cost, but needs more service time
but i look at this as, depending how good the batteries are and how you use them
they only last an 1 or 2 hour before needing a re-charge.
climbing hills will drain them faster,
so if you plan on using all day... you need gas
there is no right or wrong way to go, it is more important to buy what best works for ones need..

the question to ask if you want gas or electric
how are you going to use it and what best will fit you needs
they both need to be service...
they both cost money to run...

this post started because someone wanted to know if $900 was a good price for a used cart...

so to answer that question, the cart was older, but if in good shape and the batterys are fresh it is a fair price, if the the batteries are 4 or 5 years old..NO... plus also check to see if the tires are dry rotted that is common on older carts as well,
RICHIE RICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO