lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
BDC 21
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Running Wires to Overhead Console

Other than heat shrink or convoluted tubing what are some options for hiding wires from the top supports into or under the body on a TXT? I plan on mounting an overhead console and running the wires in the front top supports.

I used the convo tubing on the last cart I had and wanted something a little cleaner looking this time.

Thanks
BDC 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Running Wires to Overhead Console

I normally run my wires down the back roof supports. That way it isnt that noticable! I have also ran the wires into the front roof support and ran them down to the two bolts that hold it on to the frame, then drilled a little hole right behind the bar so no one could see it. Then of course ran it under the cart.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Back supports are the best option. They empty out right where all the connections need to be.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
BDC 21
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I added an aftermarket rear flip seat and the rear supports don't turn back in to the center of the cart. They kinda drop down and end more around the rear fender area.

Sorry for not giving all the details in the first post.
BDC 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have been there too!! Just under the roof support I have drilled a hole in the body and put one of those rubber circle grommets in the hole to make it look nice. Then I slip the wires just under the opening of the bottom of the rear roof support and right into the hole that I drilled and it looks great!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC 21 View Post
I added an aftermarket rear flip seat and the rear supports don't turn back in to the center of the cart. They kinda drop down and end more around the rear fender area.
Same setup I have. My wires exit the bottom of the support, come inboard 1" to clear the seat angle iron, and drop directly into a small hole I drilled in the body work. I wrapped the wires in electrical tape and it looks like the factory put them there. I will check for a pic.

If you look closely, you can see the wires coming down through the scuff guard:
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

I built an overhead console on a couple of carts when I worked for Freightliner (their carts) I had to add head and tail lights as well as a flashing beacon to them for safety reasons. I ran the wires up thru the rear support bars. Drilled holes and use rubber grommets where ever the wire came out top and bottom. I even ran the wire inside the plastic top. The only thing that could be seen were the lights and the switches on the console.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO