lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
mopedjay01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default controller

i have that old club car and i want to put a new controller in it to get rid of the old relay resistance coil crap

will a curtis 48 volt 350 amp PWM work and what throttle works for that is it hall effect or a pot box

oh and the idiot i got it from said if i use deep cycle batteries in it the motor will burn up so he put regular car batteries in it what a dumbass

for now im probably just going to get 4 115 ah deep cycles from walmart cause thats all i can afford when i have more money il get trojans or optimas or something good
mopedjay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopedjay01 View Post
i have that old club car and i want to put a new controller in it to get rid of the old relay resistance coil crap

will a curtis 48 volt 350 amp PWM work and what throttle works for that is it hall effect or a pot box

oh and the idiot i got it from said if i use deep cycle batteries in it the motor will burn up so he put regular car batteries in it what a dumbass

for now im probably just going to get 4 115 ah deep cycles from walmart cause thats all i can afford when i have more money il get trojans or optimas or something good
mpjay01, go find your nearest Interstate store and see if they have any refurbs. if you are wanting to go cheap for now. They sometimes have some cart bats too. About $35 each for 29 series
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
mopedjay01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

hmm il check them out

what about that controller do you think that will be good its wicked cheap and brand new
Old 03-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Call curtis and ASK "'?'s"
http://www.curtisinst.com/index.cfm?...n=Contact.Home

Tell them what you have , what your final objective is ...etc.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
mopedjay01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i cant afford a new controller only reason i asked about the 350 amp one is cause i can get it for $50 it was meant for a club car but a newer one
Old 03-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
mopedjay01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

also whats the 3rd pedal for
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts