lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Verdict of limo cart...

Well I'm back from Spring Break and from testing out the EZGO Limo. The idea of having the extra space and room was ideal. With the limo not being lifted, much longer, and heavier; the decision was real easy once I got it to the beach. I have to tell you that the Yamaha is far and away a much better ride, smoother and faster, and i my opinion a much better cart than EZGO. My buddy at the lake also has an EZGO identical to mine, same year, same upgrades, and I'm so happy to have my Yamaha. Kidos to the dealer in Lone Grove Oklahoma for allowing me to test out the limo before purchase. I picked it up Saturday afternoon and my first trip to the beach I knew I wanted mine back. I was stuck within five minutes. I drove 50 miles the next morning to get my Yamaha back so we could enjoy our Spring Break. I went throught the same spot I got stuck and made it through with my Yamaha. One thing I noticed was that the EZGO handles cold weather better than than Yamaha..but once my Yamaha got warm, two minutes later, Yamaha wins hands down!!! I will at some point lift my cart and put on some nice rims and wheels, for now I can go pretty much anywhere I need to go at the lake.
BrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Verdict of limo cart...

I'm glad you made the right choice We really like our G-16.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Now you need to try an EZGO that isn't 15 years old!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Now you need to try an EZGO that isn't 15 years old!
i agree with Mike try a newer ezgo limo then let us know what you think
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Mike I have...and it was one you sold. His name was Eric B. and he bought from you last fall when you got your last bulk of the year. He bought a green gas one and I believe he had pick of the litter, and has since bought a rear seat from you. He thought it was a 2006, maybe you remember him he also has a place at Lake Texoma right by us. Now don't get me wrong, his cart is fine. My Yamaha just rides a lot better in my opinion, softer ride, and is just plain faster. He has also gotten stuck where I was able to get through, maybe because mine is a little faster??? He and I both are going to get a lift, tires, and wheels later this year, probally from you since he is close and he may pick up mine from you too. The EZGO looks a lot easier to do the lift. Can any of you honestly say the the EZGO rides better than the Yamaha, maybe if you like it harder and stiffer maybe...wait don't go there . Again I'm not bashing EZGO, I just love my Yamaha!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
Mike I have...and it was one you sold. His name was Eric B. and he bought from you last fall when you got your last bulk of the year. He bought a green gas one and I believe he had pick of the litter, and has since bought a rear seat from you. He thought it was a 2006, maybe you remember him he also has a place at Lake Texoma right by us. Now don't get me wrong, his cart is fine. My Yamaha just rides a lot better in my opinion, softer ride, and is just plain faster. He has also gotten stuck where I was able to get through, maybe because mine is a little faster??? :salute: He and I both are going to get a lift, tires, and wheels later this year, probally from you since he is close and he may pick up mine from you too. The EZGO looks a lot easier to do the lift. Can any of you honestly say the the EZGO rides better than the Yamaha, maybe if you like it harder and stiffer maybe...wait don't go there . I'm n Again ot bashing EZGO, I just love my Yamaha!
Truer words were never spoken.....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

can't beat a yammy!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No - I was commenting on the comparison of the worn out EZGO limo to a newer model EZGO ST 6 passenger!

Not into comparing or putting down brands on my end - Bad for business!! I think in stock trim, that a Yamaha would (should) ride smoother with the front independent coils, though

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Oh I know you were not bashing, from my dealings with you, you are a straight shooter. I aprreciate you taking the time to take my calls and offering your insight. I am just having a little fun...lifes to short!!! I have tried one of those newer limos you are talking about. In Kingston OK we test drove one last summer, just can't cough up the dough it takes to buy one. It drove nice, still seemed a little stiff, but seemed really slow. The guy said they had it turned down, said it could go much faster.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Where were yall at for spring break ?
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha