lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default taking off spider assy. and the the starter pully spins but not the spider assy? Help

I have the cover off, I took the big bolt out, I have the puller tapered bolt and after a while it got really hard to turn and then the inner shaft is now turning. What now? Please help guys!!!!!!!!!!!
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: taking off spider assy. and the the starter pully spins but not the spider assy?

I want to say oh shoot, but are you sure you have the right length puller, you could be bottoming out in the threads.
Do not continue until you check some things out. I hope you have not spun the shaft, is the engine spinning with the shaft
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: taking off spider assy. and the the starter pully spins but not the spider assy?

Reread it, are you pulling the clutch from the engine or do you have a spanner on the spider?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

the engine is spinning too. I don't think I am bottoming out the threads because the puller is actually a little longer than the ones they sell now. Its 8 1/2 " long.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I am pulling the clutch from the engine.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Back the puller out grease the threads run it back in tight let it sit a while tighten again and tap on the end of the puller with a hammer and repeat.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #7
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

O.K. will do. What do you think is happening?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #8
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

So what your saying is the spider is unscrewing off the clutch? You need to find a way to keep clutch from turning or get a air impact on puller.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

hey bigblock man. Are you the one to talk to about buying a new big block kit?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I am using the puller to pop off the clutch so I can put it in a vise and unscrew the spider from it so I can change the rollers. Right now the puller bolt has threads left that I can see. About an inch worth. It was getting really hard to turn it in and then the engine starting turning along with the starter pulley when I tried to ratchet the puller in more.The spider is staying still and not turning because I have it wedged so I wouldn't have to try and hold on to it while tightening the puller bolt.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha