lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Westinghouse motor

Here is my electrical problem...salt water shorted the whole cart!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg westinghouse_teardown 016.jpg (136.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg westinghouse_teardown 017.jpg (149.5 KB, 8 views)
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Westinghouse motor

I'm not sure that is a problem worth tackling? I would think the motor would need to be reworked and all those solenoids replaced and what about saltwater damage to the rest of the cart? I dunno ..... unless you are just doing it to be doing something ..... I don't see the value in this cart. But hey, that's just me
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm not sure that is a problem worth tackling? I would think the motor would need to be reworked and all those solenoids replaced and what about saltwater damage to the rest of the cart? I dunno ..... unless you are just doing it to be doing something ..... I don't see the value in this cart. But hey, that's just me
Scottyb, I really enjoy this cart. It is different and as far as damage repairs go, the only thing I can't find is a motor (still looking). If this one is rebuildable, then I'll do it, the price would be less than an axle and motor of a newer design. The neighbor that I bought this cart from had done a very good job of painting and preserving this old beast, and all of the rust is from bolts and connectors, the frame and suspension are almost perfect. I'm hoping that a rewind shop can find enough parts to rebuild this motor, or at least help find a replacement that will fit the pinion adaptor. This is more of a hobby than anything but I am compelled to get this cart back on the road just to prove that Mother Nature may win once in a while, but I won't give up!

It's not worth a lot, but it is worth it to me and that makes me a fool!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Emp can fix/rehab and possibly improve that old motor cheaper than you can find any replacement ..... I would guess

Just watch out for future salt damage where it has dried in the frame tubes and sheet metal joints. Better off if you could have thrown her into a lake after the salt water wash ... Good luck with it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

scottyb, thanks for the info on EMP, I'll get with them when I get back from travel.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts