lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
mopar92
Gone Wild

Default 88 Marathon needs choke a lot to start..

This thing sure runs great, good low speed idle and good top end, good throttle response, but man does it need 5 seconds worth of choke to start when it's cold, and hot, still needs either 1-2 seconds of choke, or, wide open throttle to start with no choke, and it's not a crisp fire up. Usually when it's warm, you just have to floor it for a few seconds and it finally, slowly, fires up and runs great... any thoughts? I'd love to think that these Marathons can just fire right up when they are tuned right once they are warm. I've never put a carb kit in it since I've had it a year. Thanks. Keith
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 Marathon needs choke a lot to start..

I don't know if yours is a 2 stroke or 4. mine is a 4 stroke, did the same thing until i re-adjusted my valve lashing. not hard to do, check it out in the tech section

worth a try
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
mopar92
Gone Wild

2 cycle!!
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Jack it up put jack stands under the rear end, start it up and spray carb cleaner by the throttle shaft. If the RPM changes the throttle shaft is sucking air causing the cart to run lean and require more fuel to start. Answer - Put a carb on it!

If it doens't change, spray by the crank seals. Again if there is any change you have found something you need to replace.

Good luck
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO