lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Hot Resistor

Ok sit back and hang on for this

The black wire coming off the F/R switch #36 goes to the top side of the micro on the passenger side of the F/R switch, another wire comes out of the top side of the micro on the passenger side and goes over to the top side of the micro on the driver side, now the wire comes out of the bottom side of the micro on the driver side #45 and goes to the Pos post on the passenger side battery, now if you look at the micro on the passenger side of the F/R switch you will see two wires coming out of the bottom of the micro, one goes to the key switch #34 and one goes to the micro on your wiper board #37

now you just though you had some gibberish-- good luck
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #12
GRANDPA
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb:

Interesting. I have shut down for the night and will check the ms tomorrow for power. Do you think that no power to the m/s (forward side) could cause my problem of accelerating f or r when there is no power to the switch?

The wire is long enough to reach a battery.

I get no greater satisfaction than fixing something that all others have cast aside!

Grandpa
GRANDPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

something is either causing your solenoid to activate as soon as you turn on the keyswitch or the solenoid itself it welded shut. Those are the only things that would explain the cart taking off and running as soon as you put it in gear. If I remember correctly, some Marathon carts ran a negative switch through the system to activate the solenoid rather than a positive one. Considering that you are not getting power on that Micro, are you getting ground through it? Before placing the cart in gear, check and see if you are getting power and ground to the solenoid by placing 1 probe on each of the small posts of the solenoid, then do the same test with the key off as well. When you turn on the key, does the solenoid click on?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well, Grampaw, Looks like you have plenty of avenues to research now These guys will get you on the right track

Glad to hear somebody is still fixing the old stuff.... we can all live in a new house, drive a new car, wear a new suit, & eat a new cow
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I like veal. I have enjoyed this thread because I like to fix STUFF, mt wife calls it chit, but I enjoy getting old stuff putt putting again.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
I like veal. I have enjoyed this thread because I like to fix STUFF, mt wife calls it chit, but I enjoy getting old stuff putt putting again.
lmao, wanna come visit? I have a couple g-9 Yamaha gas carts I refuse to even look at..... lmao
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
GRANDPA
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb:

The black wire is attached to one terminal on the drivers side microswitch of the f/r assembly. Therefore I assume that this is the forward microswitch. The loose end reaches the positive terminal of the closest battery and the negative terminal of the next closest battery. Forward and Reverse both work, it's just that they work without the accelerator.

Now to compound the issue...at my age I have learned a few tricks to assist my failing memory. So I took several digital pictures before I took everything apart. After reading your response I referred to those pictures. Upon zooming in I saw clearly that the dangling black wire was "dangling" even before I took everything apart and the problem didn't exist before I did. So obviously there is no power to the microswitch in question. So please excuse my total ignorance, but just what do these two micro switches do?

Man, I am feeling really stupid ! If you don't mind or have time to fool with this I would be sincerely greatful. Heck, If you or anyone else foloowing this can get me through this, I'd gladly pay for the service. Just as long as I don't have to bite the big one and take it to a shop!

Desperately Yours,

Grandpa
Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #18
GRANDPA
Not Yet Wild

Hey To All Of You Fellow Fixer Uppers!

I don't know what happened but this might have something to do with my problem. I just posted a reply to Scottyb and suddenly all of the rest of your replies and comments popped up. I obviously have done something wrong. Thanks, I hgave a few more things to try. Scottyb, don't give up on me.

Roger on the making things work. I'm 64 and have owned a residential remodeling business for 34 years. I'm trying to retire and just fix the power tools that my son and employees abuse!

My wife feeds my ego by buying our Grandson's t-shirts that say "My Grandpa Can Fix Anything!"

Ya gotta Love-em,

Grandpa
Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #19
hdaddyrooster
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Smile Re: Hot Resistor

hey grandpa
that wire thats loose might go to the backup
alarm.
i just replaced some cables on my neighbors cart.
when i tightened up the 1st speed cable it turned
a littlt bit and made contac with the bottom lug,
which is the netural so as soon as i would put it in
gear it would take off!!
strange things happen to make us old guys pull
our hair out!
hdaddyrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #20
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDPA View Post
Rib33024 -

Thanks! Yes this is what my wiring looks like. However, after I got your response, I removed the f/r assembly to find that the black wire (36) on diagram does go to the micro switch on the passenger side of the assembly...but it is in tack. The dangling black wire that I thought was the one attached to the terminal with the s-1 is actually attached to the micro switch on the drivers side and then the other end (that is dangling) has a broken off terminal on it. If you are following my gibberish...where does this dangling end go?

Grandpa
Is your reverse warning screamer working when you put the FNR switch in the R position?
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO