lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
pyronoel
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice in buying a G1 -$1100

New guy here.... I'm looking at getting a cart, so I'm sure I'll be around here now that I'll have a new addiction to take my time :)

Today I went and looked at a G1 at a repair shop. It's a 1 man operation, he buys junk, rebuilds it, and sells them along with his normal repair business. All he does is carts. -And was refered by the local EZ-GO dealership when they realized $4k wasn't what I wanted to spend on one.

The cart seems in good shape, he said he just rebuilt the motor. From what I found searching around on here, there doesn't seem to be much bad things to say about them.

So what's the word on the G1's?

It wasn't accessible to pull it out for a test drive, so my only inspection so far has been visual. I wanted to do more research before I wasted his time and mine.

....There was a nice '98 club car for $2k, lifted, nice atv tires, but trying not to spend double $.

Thanks.
pyronoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Advice in buying a G1 -$1100

Well first off welcome aboard and second I may be wrong but the G1's are one of the toughest built if not the toughest out there. I have had 3 of them and still have 2 and I just love mine. A lot of folks dont care for the 2 stroke engines but I dont mind them at all. I would though have him let you take it out for a drive before you stuck 11 hundred into it especially if it doesn't have any custom parts on it.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 2.JPG (37.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg g54.JPG (45.4 KB, 11 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

$1,100 isnt horrible...but its not a deal either. I paid $600 for mine (thats not a the best deal ive seen either) and it ran great. I blew the motor in mine (oil injector went bad) and rebuilt it for $160 plus about an hour of my time. I like my G1 and its pretty fast too, even with 23" tires it still out runs my brother in laws g9 and will run dead even with my brother Kawasaki Mule.
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
pyronoel
Not Yet Wild

IC746,
Love the jeep front!

Chuddly, Did you see the part about the engine was just overhauled?

Here is a pic, body is in good shape.

pyronoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #5
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Prices vary in different parts of the country, but around here $1100 will buy you a G1 that you would not be ashamed to take out on the course with your golfing pals. I would ask him what he did to "rebuild" the engine. If he went completely through it, new seals and all, and it is good enough to take on the links, sounds like a good deal. A good starting point given that you are probably going to dump a bunch of money in it over time to build it up the way you want it to be. It should be in good enough condition to run it while you mod.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #6
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have 2 G 1's an 81 and an 84 althuogh I've only had mine since april. I love them both fast, run good, but not the easyest to troubel shoot [but that's a learning curve I believe]....GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW YAMI..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha