lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
tbone1053
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 W/ Plowmans Hot Set up

So I put the Plowmans Hot Set up on in April...Great Kit no issues a bunch of power...but over the weekend I noticed a squeal in the belt / clutch and no power I cleaned the belt, the sheaves, pulled the inspection cover of the primary and things looked ok. I greased both units the power picked up for a while then I noticed smoke from the belt and both clutchs where very, very hot. I called Don @ Plowmans but he is off this week and Im sure he would help me...but I need the cart for this weekend, anybody have an idea whats going on with my cart ??

Thanks, Tony
tbone1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 W/ Plowmans Hot Set up

You cleaned it and then greased it,
grease on the clutch faces maybe??
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
tbone1053
Not Yet Wild

I cleaned it and greased it several times...and pulled the inspection cover last night to see if there was any flat spots in the roller. What do you sugest I do, grease it, run it then clean everthing ??
Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Its greased so now you clean the clutch faces(I use acetone) wipe the belt with some acetone and then wire brush the edges,wipe it again with more acetone and dry it.
Grease may seep out again if you over greased it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
tbone1053
Not Yet Wild

So I looked at the belt and the engine side of the belt was chewed up and had more of an angle on it then the other side...I cleaned the sheaves and put a new belt and it helped the problem, but as I watched the belt in the clutchs once I pushed it to WOT the belt was out of alignment in the clutchs by almost a 1/2"...I wonder if this is why the belt went away so fast ?? and is there away to check the alignment or shim if needed ??
Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

Motor mounts maybe. Did you replace the snap ring with the sleeve on the driven clutch shaft?
tjc02002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

motor mounts would make the clutches go out of allinment, g9 has a tensioner, but i don't know about g16? my g9 with the power kit has hot clutches after a while of flat out running too.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc02002 View Post
Motor mounts maybe. Did you replace the snap ring with the sleeve on the driven clutch shaft?
Good question. Hopefully you replaced the snap ring with a spacer.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha