lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
kevinakuhl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What to Look for When Buying a Cart?

I got a little more info....it's a series cart with 2008 batteries.

The back 30 of the 75 acres is used for hay, so really more like 50 acres. I've been told to expect about 15 miles or so on a charge (which would be plently). Does that sound right?
kevinakuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, with the lifted setup, 15 would be about right.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
kevinakuhl
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.....

I checked it out Saturday. The cart was in very good condition. Batteries were Nov '08. The guy turns several of these a month. Disassembles, repaints frame, upgrade suspension and other componenets.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #14
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Kevin, this guy know nothing about rebuilding carts, he gets them shipped in this way, the lift kits are crap and so are the rear seats. I could go on but will not. good luck
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinakuhl View Post
Hey fellas, I'm looking to buy a used cart and have been reading up on the site. A lot of good info. I'll be using it on the farm/deer lease of about 75 acres (pretty flat with one dry creek crossing). The attached looked nice. I believe its a 2005 EZGO. Here's the details the seller has posted:
NEW FOLD DOWN REAR SEAT W/DIAMOND PLATE DECK
NEW REAR SAFTY BAR
NEW 23" ALLTERRAIN MOTO TIRES
NEW 12" CUSTOM ALUMINUM WHEELS
NEW 6" A-ARM AXEL LIFT
NEW SPINDLES,AXELS,TIE ROD,BEARINGS
NEW FRONT AND REAR LIGHT PACKAGE
NEW WIRING HARNESSES AND LUME
NEW FUSES,RELAY,AND SWITCHES
NEW IGNITION 3 WAY SW ON-OFF LIGHTS
NEW SUSPENSION BUSHINGS FRONT-BACK
NEW HEAVY DUTY 4 LEAF SPRINGS
FRAME REPAINT FRONT AND BACK
NEW 4 GA. WIRES ON BATTERIES
T-105 TROJAN BATTERIES
From what I've read it sounds like it might be best to add a new controller. I'm going to check it out on Saturday. Any thoughts on what I should look for? Anything I would need to upgrade right away? Thanks for your time guys!
Ummmm, new a arm axle lift??? WTF does not exist not on an ezgo.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was assuming the lift was a LT kit from either Allsport or Stretch.

The rest of the "New" parts actually made me laugh when I first read it... he makes a big long list of all these "NEW" parts to make it look impressive, but in reality, he adds a fairly cheap rear seat kit, light kit, possibley a LT lift and wheel/tires , $100 worth of rear springs and bushings, New set of Wires (would be interesting to see if he does all the wires or just the battery wires) and slaps on some paint.

I still stand by my post that $3300 seems a bit high, but not unreasonable for an 05 with a LT lift kit and wheels/tires. But I hope the new owner realizes that he is gonna spend another $1500 doing real upgrades to the electronics.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #17
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

It does not have a LT lift kit, most of the time it is just a spindle lift of some sort, like these.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
Look for the age of the batteries. It is stamped on the post of each battery with a letter and number. The letter corresponds to the month and the number is the year. For example G4 is July 2004 which would mean the batteries are 6 years old and for all intent and purposes at the end of their life and will need replaced ($650). If the batteries have mixed dates (greater than one year apart) on them I would be skeptical as well. As Chevy states a gas cart maybe a better choice to cover that much area.

Remember that when checking the date stamp, the letter "I" is not used on Trojans since it can easily be mistaken for a number "1". I read that on their website while shopping for batteries.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
kevinakuhl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Kevin, this guy know nothing about rebuilding carts, he gets them shipped in this way, the lift kits are crap and so are the rear seats. I could go on but will not. good luck
I see you're from Texas, the seller is in Brenham. Have you seen his carts before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
It does not have a LT lift kit, most of the time it is just a spindle lift of some sort, like these.
So what would it need to have an a-arm lift, or is it just not possible on an EZGO? I'm going to call the seller and want to sound like I kinda know what I'm talking about. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #20
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

OK, this is a different guy, still he is purchasing them put together. Do a search on long travel kit here on the forum, you can find pics of what an LT kit looks like which gives you more of the a-arm setup. Otherwise it is just a spindle lift or axle lift. Go to Jakes website and you can see pics, this will give you an idea of what you saw.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO