lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
Aussie
Not Yet Wild

Default Can i swap G19 with G22 controller?

Gday all, still hunting an issue with a 2000 G19.
I have hooked a battery up to the motor and it seems to be working fine, but i would like to make sure it is the controller before shelling out the clams for a new one.

I have a G22 here, just wondering if im going to fry anything if i switch the G19 controller with the G22 controller? I dont want to need 2 new ones...

I see a couple of connections are different, but thats no drama.

Cheers all.
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Can i swap G19 with G22 controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
Gday all, still hunting an issue with a 2000 G19.
I have hooked a battery up to the motor and it seems to be working fine, but i would like to make sure it is the controller before shelling out the clams for a new one.

I have a G22 here, just wondering if im going to fry anything if i switch the G19 controller with the G22 controller? I dont want to need 2 new ones...

I see a couple of connections are different, but thats no drama.

Cheers all.
It's possible. G22 controllers are located above the motor (better then the G19 location) so a G22 wire harness would be in order. Moveing it and the solenoid would keep vented battery acid away much better.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Aussie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can i swap G19 with G22 controller?

Thanks smallblock. Im not looking to permenantly put it in, i just want to swap them to test them and make sure the controller is the source of my fault.
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, g19, g22
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha