lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
steve1920
Not Yet Wild

Default 1981 G1 crank seal question

I noticed today that I have oil leaking from the crank behind the clutch. Can the crank seal be changed easily after pulling the clutch? Or does the engine have to be taken apart for this seal to be removed? I'm a newbie when it comes to 2-strokes and golf cart repair!

Also, where could a newbie get a service manual for a cart this old? One of those would be a big help.

Thank's,
Steve
steve1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 1981 G1 crank seal question

Welcome to BGW

Here this should help-

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ent-files.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Hotsyhog
Not Yet Wild

Did you get this file to download? Do you have to be a member of FileFront? I can not get it to download...
Hotsyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotsyhog View Post
Did you get this file to download? Do you have to be a member of FileFront? I can not get it to download...
no you dont have to be a member,-- I just clicked down load and it takes about 15 sec to load---what browser you using--IE ---fire fox--Google chrome??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
steve1920
Not Yet Wild

I'm not a computer whiz, so I don't know whats going on with the "download" thing. I'm just wondering how the crankseals are replaced. Do I remove the clutch and the seal is right there? Easy to get at? More to it than that? Anyone on here have experience with this repair/replacment? I'm just trying to guage how big or small this job will be. Thanks.

Steve
Old 08-31-2010, 04:45 AM   #6
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Short answer: Pull the clutch (use the proper puller!), remove the oil pump gearcase (a couple of screws) and the seal is right there. Fan side is a little more involved. Remove the fan shroud, remove the flywheel nut, pull the flywheel, mark and remove the timing plate, and the seal is right there. The link has images and details of how this is done.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
steve1920
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. That does'nt sound too bad. I was worried that it was going to be more involved than that.

Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha