lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
Bogatzi
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Bent frame

Sorry, I thought I sent these pics with the last post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5063.jpg (92.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5065.jpg (111.4 KB, 30 views)
Bogatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

See when golfers ran G1s into things they bent the A arms, but I don't think larger arms like that bend so it bends the frame. Those should be hardened bolts attaching them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogatzi View Post
Thanks for the comments Doomsman & Spriddle.
I wish that I knew how it hit too. Unfortunately the seller did not know either.
I'm glad to have heard "not to overheat the pipe". That was not in my original thoughts!!
I think you are correct about the right side, Roady. One of the welds shows a sign of stress with some rust. Thanks again.
When it comes to welding, Roady knows his stuff! Top notch!!

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #14
Bogatzi
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I attempted my first pull today with some heat applied in the curve of the frame. I don't think that it budged, not even a little. I was able to take out some of the oval shape in the pipe with a hammer.
It started snowing tonight so I guess I will have to wait before I try again. Next time I will remove the tie rod and shocks & see if that will allow it to move any easier.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I think the right side dash area is bent a little too....probly when it hit the person flew into the dash pushing it forward. . I wouldn't worry about that until you get the frame straight.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually if the whole cart lifts off the ground, you know you are in range of the pull you need. When I used the tree and jumped off, the entire cart lifted off the ground. I had the chain about 3-4' above the ground. I fell on the ground a couple times....because I was laughing so hard. :D (was trying to pull the rear up as well as out, direction is very important or you can bend something the wrong way)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #17
Bogatzi
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Sho, I was trying to do it very quickly, before it got too dark. The two trees were to close together and I kept running out of cable to crank it tighter. Hope the weather cooperates so I can try again this weekend.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
Bogatzi
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The bolts holding on the A arms are marked with a "6" or a "9". I'm not familiar with that type of grading. Maybe it is just something that Yamaha uses as I see different numbers on some of the other bolt heads.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Like Sho said, straightening the rear frame can be done with the "neck breaking" method, have done it many times my self. As far as that front end...It is seriously bent (probably the main frame tube is "collapsed"), Roady has so much more experiance as a welder/fabricator wizered, he can do this fix. Unless you live close to Roady and he would do the job for you, I take ours to an automotive frame shop and pay the 100.00 to 150.00 to have them use there frame set up. It's better then me hurting myself. Good luck on what ever you decide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5054.jpg (65.3 KB, 4 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #20
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I like to save money when I can as well but I agree with safety first, Take it to a frame shop and have them do it safely. You've got two compression bends in the 90s on the right side tube to deal with at once.
Shouldn't take a couple hours max and 150-200 bucks depending on shop rate is still cheaper than a trip to the ER (or worse) from a snapped chain or slap from a broken cable.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha