lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha G1 motor

If I remember right, they just both run because the CDI (or ignitor) sparks off the first one it gets to which would be the most advanced one. There are diodes off them so one does not affect the other, see the cheap CDI replacement sticky thread above it explains some of it.

Sure there might be a way to set one up, and reverse timing could be off some since you don't care about it going fast. Still have to have means of starting it in each direction. The newer sleds that did that used a chip that fired early to pop the engine back the other way; it never really stopped running Skidoo did that I think.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

wow can't say i ever seen an engine reverse direction on the fly. thats pretty cool i might have to look into that.
frankr2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oh yeah you just hit the button and it would idle right down slow and bam it was running backwards you hardly heard it change direction. It was like you turned the key off and back on, because they idle kind of fast anyway. It never stopped spinning, or so it sounded.

Here is one, pretty sure they still use the same system, it does not use a starter to change direction.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

wow thats crazy. i used to have a triple cylinder 2 stroke jet ski that all you had to do was lift a handle and it would spin in reverse. not sure how it worked but you could be coasting forward and the higher you pulled up on the handle the faster it would go in reverse. never heard it miss a beat either.
frankr2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha