lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What I found out about Trojan?

blake- true dat!
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

There will never be an end to the ( BEST OF ANYTHING ) as some are lucky enough to get good service out of one brand of cart or battery or another? I personally have 9 year old Trojan 8 volt batterys in my CC and still going strong even though they are carrying a much heavier load than a normal cart has with my custom built body? I think we all have to accept the fact that 6 volt golf cart batterys last longer ( WHEN HAVING PROPER CARE ) than 8 volt and again 12 volt last less than 8 volts, etc? The standard for batterys are the determining factor as more space and load ability allows for more plates and more surface which equals more power, range, life, then its up to manufacturers and their engineers to fill it with best for the cost materials. If you have ever gone to Trojan site there is on page 4 ( 8 Volt Deep-Cycle Battery Cycle Life Test ) that shows their latest battery T-2 in T875 and a Crown battery CR165 and a US battery 8VXC for comparision and from this I would say they are the two closes compatition? The Crown shows about 250 "CYCLE NUMBERS", while the US shows about 375 CYCLE NUMBERS and the Trojan Shows about 425-450 CYCLE NUMBERS? They also show a 56A Run Time which if I read it correctly is showing that the TROJAN runs about 120 MINUTES while the Crown shows about 60 Minutes and US shows about 65 Minutes??
I really feel that Club Car and Ezgo tried to outdo each other with basically old style power sourse batterys in a world now full of new ( more expensive as yet ) power sourses and inovations and came up short? Until batterys or carts come up with whole new systems like a small amount that is being done with AC units, Hydrogen, Fuel Cells, etc we are stuck with systems centuries old? Some of the earliest autos were battery operated and came up needing and really not much has changed since the turn of century.
How about a steam powered golf cart MICRO ENGINE as they have come up with advanced fuels, computer controls and far advanced heat retention? Combine this with modern systems like "O" weight loads, streamlining, metalergy materials, then we will see advancement like is being done in automotive industry.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #13
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

lol i think i will just stay with my gas powered stuff. pour in gas, change the oil once in a while.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it wasn't for the cost, in a perfect world, I would like to see lipo lithium batteries in golf carts. Light weight, charges quickly and comes in a very small package.. Wouldn't recommend them on gassers tho. Can explode if mistreated
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #15
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Mec do you feel we will see hybred costs come down to
were nevs or mini cars will use them and are carts a viable
transportation?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hey MEC,
I guess Trojan was too scared to test their best 8v against Crowns best 8v!? What is that all about ... they tested the little CR165 8v not the bigger CR190 ....
That's bullshit

I am getting good results with the CR190.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #17
cartboy
Gone Wild

I've run a cart barn for four years . . . CCs, and now EZ Go's. All electrics.

It is that experience, knowing that sooner or later there will be a major shelling out of bucks, that has me looking at gas to replace my 22-year-old gas cart.

When you shop craigslist, almost every electric cart makes some comment about batteries . . . newish batteries, good batteries, good batteries, strong batteries, etc. . . showing you where the focus is, and where the expense is going to be sooner or later.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:23 AM   #18
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I totally agree MEC, but like Scotty say's...test equal batteries and have an independent testing. I'm a Trojan battery guy, have always had the best luck with them (after the Alco plant burnt down years ago). 4 -12v's "suck"(download-85 minutes) on run time, 6 - 8 volts much better (download 105 minutes) and I do beleive 8-6 volts the best run time (never did a download on that set), but weight and "room" is a engeniering concideration. Now, as MEC put it.....Build a "fuel cell" and I'd be driving an electric car You know I'm a "fossil" guy, hate electric car's/cart's, but you give me the "instant acceleration" and long run time, I will covert.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #19
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

here is something i found out about trjan on this pass thursday when they delivered to my shop. they have come out with a 6 volt blk. top batteries that has no name on it but the negative post is stamped like the regular trojans to compete with prices compares with the t105s everything is the same. i was told by the driver and i saw them my self
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #20
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scottyb--You got me there I dont have a catalog of neither Crown nor US so did the wrong thing and ( ASSUMED ) which I know better that they were comparable batterys?
A few weeks ago I checked for local supply for Crown Bat and dont find any within 100 miles listed, EXCEPT FOR NOW CLOSED CC DEALER????
US bat was sold through Walmart last I knew but very unreliable sourse and required long waits for deliverys and might be replaced by another brand when they do arrive?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car