lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
95dually
Not Yet Wild

Default marathon controller pins

I have a 89 36v mrathon. stock 275amp controller I purchased a 400 amp controller installed and this is what happened.
I would need to push the pedal half way down to get the cart to move but when I go beyond 3/4 the cart stops forward momentum until I back off to 1/2 pedal????????
Both controllers are curtis
I did notice on the new on there is one more small terminal on the oppisite side from the other 3 small terminals.
the new 400 amp # is 1205-117
the old 275# is 1204-???
did I purchase the wrong one or what gives?
95dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: marathon controller pins

Forth terminal is half speed reverse I believe. Your problem is in your potbox.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
95dually
Not Yet Wild

I did forget to mention that with the original controller I seem to have full renge of speed from slow to full speed and varies in between. could the new controller create problems with the extra amperage draw in relationship to the potbox
Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
lakerattx
Not Yet Wild

I'm no expert but I have been reading a ton of forum topics while toubleshooting some power issues on my 91 Marathon.

Try this. Disconnect the 2 wires coming from the pot box from the controller (pot box is the small box with the armature activated by the pedal).
Connect an ohm meter to those 2 wires. When pressing the pedal your readings should be 0 to 5000. As I understand if your pot box readings are too high, your controller will shut off until ohm readings drop. The travel on the pot box arm does have some adjustment. Good luck

I just bought a rebuilt 400 amp controller to replace my suspected faulty 275 amp controller. I hope to have it installed by the end of the week. Did you notice any increase in torque?
lakerattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
95dually
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the htought I will check it out.
as for the increased torque? I sure did!! much harder off the line--of course when I went beyond half it dropped off but it was fun getting there
Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
groove_e1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey there 95 Dually...
I replaced my controller...exact some set up as you...exact some problem...did you ever figure it out? I could sure use the advice...
Thanks
groove_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #7
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove_e1 View Post
Hey there 95 Dually...
I replaced my controller...exact some set up as you...exact some problem...did you ever figure it out? I could sure use the advice...
Thanks
This thread is almost two years old.
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO