lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
R&K
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 clutch help

Alright guys I recently inherited a yamaha G1. From what i understand this is what it is and from my research this is what i think it is:) Well the thing runs like a top recently had the wiring redone and the carb. IT JUST RUNS GREAT! But the only problem is the clutch. It wont grab the belt. I drive clutch spins but wont engage the belt. I took it apart and the weights are not froze up, and I can push the drive with my hand but it wont move when its spinning. So can anyone help me I really need HELP! Thanks Guys !
R&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 clutch help

Got any pics of the clutch? Is the belt narrowed? The primary isn't closing or the secondary on the trans is not opening?
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
R&K
Not Yet Wild

Im not with the cart but the primary isn't closing...it probably needs a belt i have no idea the last time it was changed but it should still move in and grab it...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

If the primary isnt closing, it may not be the belt, yet... I'm not very keen on the clutch things but, look for a grease zerk on the back of the clutch and shoot about half shot in and see if it helps. Maybe someone will chime in that knows more about this than I do!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

bump
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
R&K
Not Yet Wild

Ill try the grease Thanks!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Not to much! Just a little bit!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It depends on what clutch it is. The original G1 clutch is kind of square and aluminum color. It has a spring in it, if it will not move in with rpm then something is wrong inside. Not sure you can get new parts for those. If it has a large gold rounded cover on it with screws on the edge, that is the newer G2/9 style clutch that replaced the old one. They have weights inside, should be able to easily move those in/out there is no spring in them. They have a grease zerk on outside edge. Minimum belt wear is 1" wide, a new one is 1 3/16 wide. You can get parts for the newer clutch, you can look them up at TNT goflcart's site under yamaha parts just look under G1 gas and G9 gas, they have diagrams showing the clutch and parts.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Thanks SHO!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Blake8504
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hello, the cart is at my house, I measured the belt and it's 1 1/16" wide. So I don't think belt wear is the problem. The clutch I think is the round newer one, however when we took it apart there was a spring in it, I however may not know what I'm talking about, and RK seems to know a little more than me. I don't seem to see this "greese zerk" but once again I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, hopefully we can get around to messing with it here soon.
Blake8504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha