lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
palongee1
Not Yet Wild

Default Engine Options

SO..ive spent the last few days screwing with my old g-11 utility cart, the original engine is junk, top end and bottom end. The "spare" engine I have was from a g-9 and the electrical is giving me issues..anyhow...without bleeding my bank account dry what would be a good option as far as an aftermarket engine, ive read abit about the vanguards, kohler, etc, id like to find something with a bit more juice then the original since I use it for working around the property..any recomendations on where to shop for a engine and whatever else id need to get going? Ive got a nice shop where I do quite a bit of metal fab, so I can build tabs, brackets, etc, but as far as the engine, clutch, electrical, etc. Id love to do another motorcycle or snowmobile swap but this is just a work cart and spring is here ....Thanks for your help, this site is awesome!
palongee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Engine Options

Check this out: http://www.cartpartsplus.com/perform...maha-kits.html

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I have the B/S 18 hp kit in my G9 and love it. Great low end power.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

All depends on your budget, likely a twin would be nicest for a work cart with its torque. If you are poor or like me need fundage for other things you can drop a clone in cheap. Here is my thread I wrote all about it for a G9 and doing another soon, see pics here too
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-thread-3.html

The clone will go about the same speed and around twice the power, it will spin up hills now. Using the stock clutch and generator saves a lot of cash, though I prefer this cart to start with pedal anyway because its used for utility stuff a lot too. The clones don't charge battery much either, using the gen avoids that. Actually putting the engine in there was not that hard, all the plumbing I did took the time.

If you buy a kit its a whole LOT faster and easier to convert of course. TheNewGuy has both. A twin with a rev kit (they are cheap) will go faster top speed for sure, maybe 30gps for stock or clone and 40 for twin with rev kit....roughly with 22-23s.

Here is the clone I put in (16hp CS) and my stock G9 neither have governors. He jumped the gun but let off at that fence post, note how he is dusting me and how far away he is at the fence. I floored it about when his rear bumper was even with my front.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
palongee1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the input! I was able to get the g9 motor to run in the g11 so i think im good for now:)..ive got plenty of other fast toys, this thing just needs to get the job done...the big block does look appealing tho:)
palongee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha