lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Plumbergs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Just figured out that my marathon isn't an 83. Its pre-79. Any lift kits availible?

Grrr... The whole time I've been thinking this was an 83 or 84 cart, and had intentions of lifting it with a simple block lift kit. After further research I found out that it has to be pre 79 sinice it has the single front leaf spring.

I can't find a lift kit for this model anywhere.. Do they even make one? Hopefully I haven't been wasting my time with this thing since my whole goal was to build a lifted cart.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2.JPG (110.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg photo_1.JPG (101.8 KB, 112 views)
Plumbergs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Plumbergs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just figured out that my marathon isn't an 83. Its pre-79. Any lift kits availibl

Nevermind... I already know the answer is no, none available for this year.

*sigh* Guess I'll have to lift it the hard way like this fella did:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...76-ezgo-2.html
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just figured out that my marathon isn't an 83. Its pre-79. Any lift kits availibl

Could always just get some slightly larger knobby "offroad" type tires, and pick up a set of those sweet Cragar SS rims I've seen for carts. They come as both hubcaps, and some sweet looking 4 and 5 spoke rims.

ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
Plumbergs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Just figured out that my marathon isn't an 83. Its pre-79. Any lift kits availibl

Those look great Scooter.. But I decided to go ahead and lift it the hard way (the welder & cutting torch method).. I'm about half way through. On the bright side, at least I'm saving some cash since I'm fabricating my own lift. I'll post pics soon.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I had a Melex with the same (copied) front end I lifted it 4 or 5 inches like you are doing......
IN the rear I simply lowered the shackle mounting points.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0666.jpg (184.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0678.jpg (136.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0682.jpg (268.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0700.jpg (161.0 KB, 23 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Plumbergs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty,
That looks great.. Matter of fact I'm using your exact method. I already have the front lifted 5" and will be doing the rear tonight. Thanks for the idea and pics!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm embarrassed of my early stick welds... later I got a mig and gas and welds look a lot better but here is the old work on the rear shackle mount lowering... Oh, And the front design wasn't mine, that fine design was done by CRASH12888
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0557.jpg (194.0 KB, 22 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
Plumbergs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Just figured out that my marathon isn't an 83. Its pre-79. Any lift kits availibl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm embarrassed of my early stick welds... later I got a mig and gas and welds look a lot better but here is the old work on the rear shackle mount lowering... Oh, And the front design wasn't mine, that fine design was done by CRASH12888
That looks really good. Thanks to CRASH for the idea as well, but if it wasn't for your pics I never would've attempted it, so thanks for posting them.

I just finished the lift (front and back).. The front was a bit of a challenge to get straight, but the back was cake. Mine has coil springs on the rear instead of leafs, but it was still very easy. I took several pics which I'll post tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
addicted2powerwheels
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbergs View Post
I took several pics which I'll post tomorrow.
First post here. working on a 76 ezgo myself. would love to see more pics to go along with the ones already posted. thx.
addicted2powerwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #10
Plumbergs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2powerwheels View Post
First post here. working on a 76 ezgo myself. would love to see more pics to go along with the ones already posted. thx.
Hi and welcome. Click the link in my sig and scroll down to see more pics of the lift.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO