lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dead Cart. Battery Question

Yes that sounds right you have an 89 Marathon. It looks like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4881.jpg (138.6 KB, 9 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
Sticks&strings
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes that sounds right you have an 89 Marathon. It looks like this?
Yes sir. That's it. What do I have, LOL?!?!?

Resistor or solid state? I will take some pics soon and try to post them. What would make the aftermarket button on the floor board that gives it a speed boost mean? Upgraded or something else?
Sticks&strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Dead Cart. Battery Question

If it looks like the picture you have a coil cart. 1989 was the swap over year for the marthones. The one I had was a controller cart.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=Andy4639;654196]If it looks like the picture you have a coil cart. 1989 was the swap over year for the marthones. The one I had was a controller cart.

That " A1 " connection definitely needs help!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #15
Sticks&strings
Not Yet Wild

Here are a few pics
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #16
Sticks&strings
Not Yet Wild

And some of what it looked like on it's way home from the barn it sat in for 6 years.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #17
Sticks&strings
Not Yet Wild

Ok. I've done a little reading on here and think I may be at a crossroads. Due to all or most of my wires being bad, they will need to be replaced. But I don't want to go back with 36v if the batteries are bad too. I'll upgrade. So I am going to take all 6 batteries out of the cart but what do I need to do to test them. Add distiller water I assume
Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #18
Sticks&strings
Not Yet Wild

Add distiller water, then charge them I assume? What kind of charger, and what to use to test them.

I feel like this will be pandoras box. Since I have the batteries out, I guess I will upgrade other stuff while its apart right? So let's let this be a BGW budget build. I don't need top of the line but don't want junk...basicaly don't need the fastest baddest cart out there but want a decent reliable cart. It will he used in the neighborhood and a little off road for a hunting lease vehicle. I'm game for buying used parts that are in like new shape for a discount from others who have upgraded. I just need advice and how to tell what's bad and what isn't. I'll start disassembling it this weekend.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #19
Sticks&strings
Not Yet Wild

Ttt???
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks&strings View Post
Add distiller water, then charge them I assume? What kind of charger, and what to use to test them.

I feel like this will be pandoras box. Since I have the batteries out, I guess I will upgrade other stuff while its apart right? So let's let this be a BGW budget build. I don't need top of the line but don't want junk...basicaly don't need the fastest baddest cart out there but want a decent reliable cart. It will he used in the neighborhood and a little off road for a hunting lease vehicle. I'm game for buying used parts that are in like new shape for a discount from others who have upgraded. I just need advice and how to tell what's bad and what isn't. I'll start disassembling it this weekend.
Distilled water ONLY, but as JohnnyB said above, only add enough to cover the plates is they're that low, then charge. Any 6 or 12 volt charger will work well enough to see if there's any hope for the batteries. If they're dead, you have an expensive decision to make. A lot of money for 36v, or even more to go to 48 v.

It looks like you have a resistor cart from your pics, but others can confirm.

I'm in the middle of a 48 volt upgrade, so I have a few used but working parts left over. I have a stock series TXT controller, an upgraded solenoid (resistor and diode), and a stock charger.

Assuming yours is a resistor cart, and if you choose to buy my used parts, you won't have the ITS throttle, so you'll need to change yours out, and I'm sure it won't be plug and play with the existing wiring, but since you'll probably be replacing most of it anyway, might be an economical way to get it running. I'm still unsure about your original question about a "turbo button". Sounds like you've still got some digging to do.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO