lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #11
1996ezrider
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart Stereo Advice

Good deal. Do the speakers below the cup holder interfere with putting cans or bottles in the holders? Also, what did you use to cut the plastic holes,,,,,
1996ezrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

no you cant even see them at all. they are not in the way, just dont cover or cut the cup holder drains. i used a hole saw, but a jigsaw or rotozip would make easy work of the 1/8" plastic.
882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i used what i had laying around (4" came out of the jeep 6x9 came out of my boat amp was laying around. so it didnt cost anything. but if i were to buy the stuff i would buy an amp with a smaller footprint ( im not using nearly 44o watts on the speakers i have)and screw it upside down under the back seat, around 200 rms. and the fronts would be kicker ds 5 1/4 and the rears would be kicker marine 6 1/2.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
S Cygan8
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Has anybody checked out the motorcycle radio's. I 've seen some of these that look really awesome, and if you have ever heard one there pretty loud. Seriously thinkin of goin this route with mine. Let me know what you guys think.
S Cygan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i saw them to and thought the same thing., so i told my buddy (ginny pig) he ordered a shark audio 600w with 2 3.5" speakers and the powered sub. its not close to 600 watts. maybe 6.00 watts, maybe. the amp is the size of 2 packs of cigarettes stacked together. he put it on his electric so you can hear it fine. but it by no means rocks. mine kills his in everyway. there may be better out there, but shark isnt the way to go if you like to rock. for background music, its fine and he has under 100$ in it.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #16
S Cygan8
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

you would think if one is on a harley it would be loud. maybe there are different one's for better price. i'm def. gonna steer away from them then, I knew they looked to good to be true. thanks for the advice
S Cygan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i really thought it would rock for the same reason. wind, exhaust, and a helmet. i asked my neighbor whos really into cycles and has heard some that do rock at the rallys. i can really only speak for the one i heard. the shark couldnt weigh a pound
Old 02-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 882001 View Post
i saw them to and thought the same thing., so i told my buddy (ginny pig) he ordered a shark audio 600w with 2 3.5" speakers and the powered sub. its not close to 600 watts. maybe 6.00 watts, maybe. the amp is the size of 2 packs of cigarettes stacked together. he put it on his electric so you can hear it fine. but it by no means rocks. mine kills his in everyway. there may be better out there, but shark isnt the way to go if you like to rock. for background music, its fine and he has under 100$ in it.
This Shark system is the ****! I have bought two systems and installed them on my harleys. I have the 5" speakers and can also connect Ipod's or MP3's. I got mine from a site called Gooddeals18.com.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

which one did you buy? i would be willing to try a different one. i just looked at the spec and his 600w is 75 rmsX2. there is noway i have a kicker 250watt running 4-6.5" runing the amp at 2 ohm and crossed over at 100hz on my boat and it is loud! and im running basicly the same exact thing on the cart, but on full cause i dont wanna add a sub and it is loud but breaks up abit due to it trying to do the work of the sub when its really loud. its all relative of how you like your music.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #20
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 882001 View Post
which one did you buy? i would be willing to try a different one. i just looked at the spec and his 600w is 75 rmsX2. there is noway i have a kicker 250watt running 4-6.5" runing the amp at 2 ohm and crossed over at 100hz on my boat and it is loud! and im running basicly the same exact thing on the cart, but on full cause i dont wanna add a sub and it is loud but breaks up abit due to it trying to do the work of the sub when its really loud. its all relative of how you like your music.
Mines only a 250w 2.1 channel model is skr3080a I think but I run my mp3 thru it and I here just fine at 70mph with load pipes so you should get good clean sound on the cart.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO