lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #21
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 Marathon Rear Springs and Shock questions..

Thanks 90 I'm in the process of building a 4" drop axle with my own specs. Have everything mocked up and under the cart and it looked great until I realized the bushings were bad in the spindles which with the wheels on the ground was giving me a neg. camber reading of 1 deg. ordered new bushings and they arrived today. As I say it's mocked up so I can change the pin angle if need be but I think I'm close.Caster 2 deg. pos. I'm getting happier. Whats 8 hrs. of layout,mock up and $5.00 worth of steel
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #22
RxGuy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
RX no complaints from the WIFE ? YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!! Put it out there and let us know what you did. QUICK MEAL FIRST-NEW SHOES-RING-CLEAN THE HOUSE ? good job
Nah.. none of that stuff LOL
RxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpage14 View Post
4" lift- shocks for front Monroe 31125- original fit
Rear-Monroe 32207 without shock extensions. Changed rear springs to 2 1/2 x 14 #400 late model springs from southwest speed for $20.00 each. Just thought I would share. Been trying to complete this for a couple of weeks after hours of research.
Hope this helps someone.

1994 Marathon.
i just got these Monroe 31125 and they dont fit on jakes 4 inch lift !!!! anybody looking for a set of shocks !!!!!
Nate69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 AM   #24
kpage14
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate69 View Post
i just got these Monroe 31125 and they dont fit on jakes 4 inch lift !!!! anybody looking for a set of shocks !!!!!
Well I don't understand, I have a 94 Marathon with a Jake's 4" lift on the front and thats the shocks on mine. Bought brand new from my parts store. They should take them back where ever you bought them. Monroe comes with a lifetime warranty. Customer Satisfaction.
kpage14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #25
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i bought them off ebay and mines a 90 ? dont know bud all i know is there 2 long , i might put spacer blocks in to see if i can get a longer travel ... not sure yet.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #26
kpage14
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate69 View Post
i bought them off ebay and mines a 90 ? dont know bud all i know is there 2 long , i might put spacer blocks in to see if i can get a longer travel ... not sure yet.
Well I appologize, I wouldn't give bad advice on purpose. I got them numbers from another source when I bought mine.
kpage14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #27
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

np i order the right one they would be # 31069 monroe ...
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #28
Nate69
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

im going to post my back shock exstenders and coil spring lift also , there for a 4 inch lift . $80 bucks and there yours, lol.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
Woodchiper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I made a 4" lift kit for our 91 marathon than my son lowered his 96. Honda Intrega. I took off the rear risers and springs and put on the frt springs from the Honda and it raised the cart another 1/2" . With the risers it would make a lot of rattle noise. Now it is quit and it has a good ride. I am going to get shocks so I can remove the shock extenders. Did the Monroe 32207 shock fit with out modifying anything? The rear shocks from the Honda where not heavy enough and caused the cart to bottom out
Woodchiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #30
amesmotorsports
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxGuy View Post
Thanks for the help and suggestions...

With the 4" economy lift kit, I used the Monroe 32207 shocks on the rear.

With these springs:

http://pitstopusa.com/c-134762-sprin...x-14-tall.html

For the front shocks I used Monroe 31069 without the shock extenders from the lift kit.. After dropping the axle 4" I had to make my own shock mounting brackets. Worked out pretty well.

WOW very cool, I have a 1989 EZ GO and am going to install a 5 inch lift, I am going to do the same on the rear as you did but may look for a different spring than yours. Like a heaver spring or a longer spring. thanks for all the info in this post it is going to really help me out.
amesmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO