lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #21
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some help from my G8 friends here

That jealousy can be easily assuaged by upgrading to a G2 or G9 ... but we understand when people don't. Some just like the challenge of running a G8, others prefer the 'underdogs' ... like supporting the N.O. Saints or the the Ohio Buckeyes. Kind of a "martyr complex". Others can be forgive as they just haven't learned any better!

But I refuse to let myself be drawn into this quibbling over which model is better and why it isn't a G8. There is no reason to spend time "fighting" and arguing over the superiority of the G9 when the G8 owners could better use that time and effort to upgrade their carts to the G2 status, at least.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and the pleasures of owning a Yamaha. Feel free to join in on the conversations and agreeing with the inherent superiority of the G9, or lying about the good points of the G8 ... either way you'll make friends and get plenty of help if you need it.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: Need some help from my G8 friends here

Ok so far I have looked into the clutch and will start there once the motor is built. I don't wamt to bypass the governor and due any damage to it. top speed isn't what I'm going after anyway. But what is the helix I been hearing about? That has me lost.
bigred_262002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #23
thecurti
The G8 wrecking ball

Yamaha

Here ya go. From Plowman's site

Use the search tab on BGW and use key words. It will help
thecurti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROUBADOUR View Post
That jealousy can be easily assuaged by upgrading to a G2 or G9 ... but we understand when people don't. Some just like the challenge of running a G8, others prefer the 'underdogs' ... like supporting the N.O. Saints or the the Ohio Buckeyes. Kind of a "martyr complex". Others can be forgive as they just haven't learned any better!

But I refuse to let myself be drawn into this quibbling over which model is better and why it isn't a G8. There is no reason to spend time "fighting" and arguing over the superiority of the G9 when the G8 owners could better use that time and effort to upgrade their carts to the G2 status, at least.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and the pleasures of owning a Yamaha. Feel free to join in on the conversations and agreeing with the inherent superiority of the G9, or lying about the good points of the G8 ... either way you'll make friends and get plenty of help if you need it.
Thats just got wrong all over it Pat. You knew that would hit me below the belt. But alas my team could be as bad as the Redskins
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred_262002 View Post
Ok so far I have looked into the clutch and will start there once the motor is built. I don't wamt to bypass the governor and due any damage to it. top speed isn't what I'm going after anyway. But what is the helix I been hearing about? That has me lost.
The helix is the piece at the bottom center of Curt's picture
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #26
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf View Post
Thats just got wrong all over it Pat. You knew that would hit me below the belt. But alas my team could be as bad as the Redskins

???? What?? Me??? Below the belt???? NEVER!!! But I refuse to let you draw me into this! Fighting over why G2s and G9s are better than G8s is petty ... and I'm not going to join in! We all just accept that they are -- facts are facts!! I'll just leave it to others to lie and dispute the facts.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurti View Post
Man, I see this thread and some G8 Club bashing

BigRed there is plenty of power to gain with the clutching, some with rejet and exhaust, but remember what size engine your starting with
As Caj said bypassing the governor helps, but with risks. I have taken mine where a Cart should not go. Engine alignment so that the belt has good tension is a great torgue add and so are Good engine mounts (keeps the engine from moving under load)
Welcome, where are you in this world?
If you took my post as bashing, sorry wasn't ment that way. Remember guy's, all Yamaha's rule what ever model! Just wanted him to be shure, if he joined the G8 club....be ready for some fun.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Any model of YAMAHA is a good one --- even the 8s. I'm sure you'll be happy with your buggy - and even happier as you work with it.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Oh wow. I think everyone should get together for group hug. Lol.
bigred_262002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #30
CajunLoneWolf

Yamaha

No no no No group hug. Maybe pizza and a pitcher of ice tea and some cart riding
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha