lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Default 89 3 pg cracked muffler

A few weeks ago the cart got real loud so I investigated and found the header pipe between the head and muffler had a huge crack in it. Well I figured out why that happened the bolts holding the bracket that the muffler sits on had come loose and it allowed the muffler to vibrate and in turn broke the manifold. Well the other day I was doing a little bolt checking and found the header bolts to the head were loose. I tightened them up and went about my way. Well I went out tonight to move the cart and it was loud again. Lifted the seat and found that the muffler pipe has a crack in it now. What is going on here? Think it is running too hot? Think it could be that it was cracked from when the muffler was loose? Little help here.

It's a 3pg lift 22 inch tires
cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 3 pg cracked muffler

when mine cracked , the dealer told me to replace the motor mounts. i did and miged welded the pipe it worked but looks like it welded!!
rusty
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have somebody weld it for you if you can't do it yourself.... the muffler is over a thousand dollars!
sockethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

I am going to try and weld it. I'll take it off tonight and tig it. I'm not sure why I'm cracking them. I have a set of motor mounts that I bought and never put on maybe I will put those on and weld the muffler.
cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati_kid View Post
I am going to try and weld it. I'll take it off tonight and tig it. I'm not sure why I'm cracking them. I have a set of motor mounts that I bought and never put on maybe I will put those on and weld the muffler.
It's usuall some kind of vibration that causes fatigue cracks which sounds like what you're dealing with.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

On my 2PG the header bolts somehow worked their way loose as well.My muffler cracked all around where it joins to the pipe.I got longer studs and lockwashers and it's never happened again so far.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
sockethead
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliarc View Post
On my 2PG the header bolts somehow worked their way loose as well.My muffler cracked all around where it joins to the pipe.I got longer studs and lockwashers and it's never happened again so far.
Some Locktite blue wouldn't be a bad idea either
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO