lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
DLStryker
Not Yet Wild

Default Clarification please

Needing some clarification. The governor restricts with air flow or carburetor throttle position to limit the speed (supposedly 12 to 14 mph). Not sure if it is air flow or throttle opening. Is this correct?

If the governor should fail, the rev limiter will shut the motor off at 2,700 RPM. Is this correct??

If this analogy is correct, does anyone sell a kit to bring the governor up to about 3,700 rpm with a rev limiter of 4,000 RPM? Others will be driving this cart and I need assurance.... not a tachometer.

DLStryker

---------------------------------------------
Just had a second thought. Is there a 4K RPM rev limiter available by itself? If so, I could use the zip tie adjusting method on the governor.

DLStryker
DLStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Copo427ss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Clarification please

The mechanical governor operates the throttle blade in the carburator. By putting zip ties on the governor spring in the back of the cart or by loosening the lock but so the lever can move freely from the shaft in the gearcase will effectively give you more power and speed until the rev limiter is reached. That will cut spark out when a certain rpm is reached. I thought I read here that it was 3600 or 3800. But don't quote me on that.
Copo427ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Clarification please

i have heard and my owners manual for my 99 says its governed at 3600.
that wilol be the electric rev limiter. the road governor operates the throttle linkage. yes you can zip tie at the spring the cable from the box to the governor arm, or the governor arm to the trans shifter cable. but if you are bypassingthe rev limiter, you need tach....been told by many on here the valve will start to float at 4k and they have a tendicy to smash into the piston! when going that fast or faster!
oh and bgw does not recomend any removal, or modification of any saftey equipment installed at the factory! and is not held liable for any damage! disclaimer done!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car