lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Joe Pro
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2006 Club Car Carryall Turf 2 Starting Dilemma

Just bought a used Turf 2 Club Car Carryall with an FE350 engine, and after a while of riding, I let off the gas pedal and it cranks just like you are trying to start it! I have an electrical schematic, and everything seems in order. I talked to an auto mechanic and he said that the starter solenoid was probably sticking, so I went to the Club Car dealer and bought it. The same thing happened again. I checked the adjustment of the micro-switches, and they check o.k. I can turn the ignition switch off and put it it neutral, and it still spins over like it is trying to start. The engine is not firing, just spinning over. The only thing about this Club Car is that the R.P.M. Limiter is missing. Does this have something to do with my problem? It doesn't do it everytime, but every other time. I appreciate any input that you experts have on this issue at hand as I am at a loss.....Joe
Joe Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2006 Club Car Carryall Turf 2 Starting Dilemma

One of the micro switches are sticking, my best guess
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had the same problem with a Carryall2. The linkage was hanging up a little underneath. It was were the rod goes through the spring return housing. Hope this helps.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
Joe Pro
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you both very much for the replies. I went to the Club Car dealer today to buy a limit switch and the mechanic told me that the missing rev-limiter was the problem and he sold me a used one (bracket and all) and now, it is as good as new! Thanks again, and I'm happy to be a part of this forum.
Joe Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car