lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Question Rear end question

I have an old 97 CC DS that has seen it's share of abuse. The price was right so I can't complain. I plan to put some larger tires on the rear and was examining the rear spring and shackles when a question came to mind. I was thinking of putting the rear end under the leaf springs. Of course, I also plan to install either a helper spring or HD leaf spring. Has anyone on here have any experience with that idea? Is there any photos of it, IF it has been done? And what are the pluses and minuses of doing this? Actually, is it even possible? It seems like it would work, but I have never owned a golf cart before. This cart is going to be used primarily for street and possibly some golf course use. Right now, my wife uses it every day to travel to the pool for her water aerobics, and we use it occasionally to shop for a few groceries a couple miles from home. It seems to me that I could gain a couple of inches lift if I can mount the springs on top of the rear axle instead of under it, as it is right now. If you know of any other threads related to this idea, please post the link to them. I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. Thanks.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rear end question

Ok, I found a thread from last year that addressed the idea. It appears to be quite a chore. I think for the small amount of lift I am seeking, I will just use some universal shackles.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car