lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
HarleyOne
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default in need of a 1991 gas engine

Hello
I just bought a 1991 model culb car gas cart. The engine has a hole in it the cart itself is in pretty good condition so I got it for a project now I need to find an engine any of you know where I coule get one at a decent price thatks for any help
HarleyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: in need of a 1991 gas engine

cheapest way to go is sell off the parts from your engine, the ignition coin and exciter under the flywheel are worth more that the engine itself , parting out the engine and replacing it with a clone or vtwin is by far and away the best way to go with it since you get more power and parts that are replaceable , since you old engine is impossible to find and even if you were able to repair it, if those ignition parts go bad after you fix it your stuck with a rebuilt engine with no ignition and then the real fun begins , the general rule of thumb is when the rod cuts loose on these you part them out and replace the engine and pass the parts to the person that still has a good engine with a bad coil or exciter , infact just today i had someone email me needing the exciter. check out the big block section of the forum , yes doing the swap is a little work but there are plenty of people that have done this before and there are plenty of people here to help you if you have any questions. Also if you part the engine you can cut the cost of the swap to less than 100-200 total depending on your fabbing skills and what your willing to do
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
HarleyOne
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of going that route. I have built a few electric carts in the past this is my first in the gas cart I have all the tools needed to do a swap, welders torches, plasma cutter just need resorces and yes i would sell off any parts not needed to do the swap
Thanks again for your help
HarleyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

your never going to believe what i just picked up , a club car with a kf82 engine i have to go get it , will post pics when i get it home later. you may just have a motor after all
Old 02-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

I envy you.
I would love to run in to a low cost/ no cost cart to play with. I wouldn't care if it was gas or electric.
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if you want dibs on the engine let me know , i will be checking it out tommorow to insure that its a runner if the temp goes up some

Tags
help needed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car