lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #41
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Driven Clutch Machining

The HD belt you mentioned will work. Not sure why the website stops at 1991 in the application (?). I asked Tom that same question since I have a pre-'91 cart. I had a buddy who did a clone swap and had no more use for his HD belt. Went on in 2 minutes and works great.

When your cart slows down on hills, do you have a passenger or is it just you? And how steep is the hill? Mine would only slow down when nearing the top of very steep hills with just me driving. I weigh about 170lbs.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #42
XtremeGolfCarts
Gone Wild

Club Car

I ordered a performance spring and machined clutch for my 2000 cc ds. Money well spent!! I'm running 25" tires and I have a lot of torque and speed. Tom is very helpful over at CCP. Very fast service and shipping too. I pulled my back clutch off and mailed it to him. I had it back within 1.5 weeks.
XtremeGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #43
TRP
Gone Wild

I mentioned this in my build thread, but wanted to update here as well:

Good ole Tom called from cart parts plus. He took the clutch out of the box and found that I already have the upgraded spring on my driven clutch. That's a plus! Gotta love the honesty. The bad news is that the sheaves are shot. Darn near worn through in a few spots. He said, they receive maybe one or two a year in that are that worn out. When he gets them, he can't do anything with them.

I had a nearly new 'helix' on my driven clutch, so Tom gave me some credit for that. Swapped out the cost of the machining for the helix core. He looked around for a used clutch, but there weren't any handy. So, instead of this being a quick R&R on the clutch - it's turned into $210.00 for a new clutch, $50.00 for the new belt. I had him throw a 'snubber' bumper thing in the box as well, my snubber appears to be an old scrap of radiator hose?! A bit more than I wanted to spend, but in the end - the right thing to do.

The plus is that he is going to ship the newly machined beauty out to me today. Everything takes a week to get here, so I may see the new one next Friday/Saturday.

Can't wait to get this sucker back together!

Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #44
Kevin37B
Getting Wild
Club Car

That is what I like about CPP , the truth .
Kevin37B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car