lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Default Adjust gas pedal to start cart sooner?

Is there an adjustment for the gas pedal that will let the motor start earlier in the pedal stroke?

this is my first cart so I don't know if it's normal but I have to put the pedal to the floor to get it to start, so when it does catch it wants to lurch forward/reverse more than I'd like.

Carryall II, FE 290 motor
Tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
abaguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Adjust gas pedal to start cart sooner?

I just went through the exact same thing with my 97 cart. It had been adjusted so many times by so many people it was all out of wack. Thought I needed a new carb because it just wouldn't start right.

I went through the instructions in the service manual to properly adjust the cables/rods starting at the gas pedal and ending at the carb. It's running great now. Starts at the push of the pedal every time even starts fast after sitting overnight without choking. Ended up with much improved acceleration too.

I've attached the instructions I followed for my 97 DS, not sure if yours is the same.

I didn't adjust the rod from the pedal to the electrical box under the seat, mine was still accurate and there was no way I would be able to adjust it with all of the rust.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cable adjustment.pdf (617.0 KB, 0 views)
abaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Adjust gas pedal to start cart sooner?

Couldn't ask for a better response than that, thanks!
Tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car