lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
CranbrookGolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Fleet slowing down...

Hello everyone. I decided to join this forum to get some insights and advice on the fleet I'm taking care of. Especially since the official Club Car repairman for our region has officially retired after so many years. We run a fleet of 35 2005 electric DS club cars and after 8 years, I have a few carts slowing down, some to a crawl. I have at least half a dozen with some kind of speed issue. All the batteries have been replaced recently so I know it's not a battery/charger issue.

I know one cart needed a ring on the drive bar which connects to the MCOR to get back the lost speed/power, which was the afore-mentioned repairman's only solution he could find, but is that the real fix? That cart is fast on level ground but I lose speed/power going uphill. It could be that ring is wearing off.

I've tested some of them; speed sensor, MCOR, controller, etc, but everything seems to check out. I have a feeling it's mechanical rather than electrical because I can wedge a screwdriver between the accelerator pedal and the drive bar on most of the carts, which gets me back most of my lost speed and torque.

We have an old school course with rough fairways (I've replaced three front leaf springs last year and three rear this year) and I think after so many years the pedals have been worn away to the point where some carts aren't getting all the power they should. But I just want to be sure before I take more drastic measures.

I don't have a CDM module to properly test the electrical components so I've had to use a multi-meter.

Anyways, some advice would be appreciated. Thanks all!
CranbrookGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fleet slowing down...

Welcome Cranbrook!
I would say that the accelerator linkages are the problem. I think it was Stevegrmich on here that had a speed problem, and he put a washer in the MCOR until he could get the new fitting...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Welcome Cranbrook!
I would say that the accelerator linkages are the problem. I think it was Stevegrmich on here that had a speed problem, and he put a washer in the MCOR until he could get the new fitting...
. . correct . . there was a minimal amount of wear on the GO Pedal where the MCOR input shaft mated . . . I jammed a washer temporarily at the mating point until I got to CC dealer to purchase a new GO Pedal and MCOR input shaft . . . some have temporarily used a piece of 1/4" tubing over the MCOR "tab" that mates with the GO Pedal . . . since replacing these two parts (about $30) cart has been running fine . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
CranbrookGolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the response, guys! That's very much appreciated.

So it's the MCOR drive bar that's worn or out of whack, not so much the pedal. I was thinking of putting something on the drive bar's "prong" (I've read 1/4" ID fuel line) to temporarily get the speed back up to where it should be, but I'd rather have a permanent solution.

Stevegrmich, you had to order both the drive bar AND pedal to get everything back to normal? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CranbrookGolf View Post
Thanks for the response, guys! That's very much appreciated.

So it's the MCOR drive bar that's worn or out of whack, not so much the pedal. I was thinking of putting something on the drive bar's "prong" (I've read 1/4" ID fuel line) to temporarily get the speed back up to where it should be, but I'd rather have a permanent solution.

Stevegrmich, you had to order both the drive bar AND pedal to get everything back to normal? Thanks!
. . . yes, the wear was on the GO Pedal (aluminum was "dished out" a bit from contact with MCOR input shaft) . . . I just bought a new input shaft to save a potential second trip to CC dealer . . . shaft was only about $8 . . .
Old 07-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

I think you can use your ohm meter to check to see if you are getting full throttle at the mcor, I think yours is a 5k-0 ohm
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
CranbrookGolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Nevermind. Double post.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
CranbrookGolf
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay, so I got a new pedal and MCOR drive bar in, installed them in one of my slower carts and that seems to be the fix. I also had some 1/4" fuel line left over and added them to the drive bar peg in four of my trouble carts and they've all been restored to 100% power/speed (at least, they're much faster). So that was definitely the issue. Thanks for the advice, everyone!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CranbrookGolf View Post
Okay, so I got a new pedal and MCOR drive bar in, installed them in one of my slower carts and that seems to be the fix. I also had some 1/4" fuel line left over and added them to the drive bar peg in four of my trouble carts and they've all been restored to 100% power/speed (at least, they're much faster). So that was definitely the issue. Thanks for the advice, everyone!
Great, glad we could help...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #10
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car