lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
bsredneckgirl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile G22e help!!

Ok I have a 2003 Yamaha G22E 48V and it won't move at all. When you put it in reverse the buzzer sounds but it won't move.

Tested the solenoid and when it is jumped it still doesn't move so based on what I have read that means that is ok. I could be wrong so if I am please let me know.

Tried to test the throttle switch/pedal switch whichever you prefer to call it but not really sure on what ohms it should be and the right process to checking it correctly so PLEASE HELP ME.

Overall battery voltage is 50.8 so that seems fine. I haven't checked each battery individually but assumed cause the overall voltage was good that I didn't need to but again I could be wrong.

How can I or can I check the controller?

Just to be on the safe side what else should I check??

Thank you for any and all help it is greatly appreciated

Last edited by bsredneckgirl; 09-02-2013 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Adding more information
bsredneckgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
bsredneckgirl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: G22e help!!

OK test each battery and all have 8.45 volts.

Can I test the throttle sensor while it is off of the cart or does it have to be on the cart? and either way can someone tell me how to check it properly
bsredneckgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22e help!!

You should find a black, orange, & blue wire and a triangle shaped plug. I forget which wire is which, but it doesnt matter much, as long as the results are correct. Try all three possible wire combos, and record results, you should see these.
- 5 thousand ohms no matter what throttle position.
- 0 ohms increasing to 5000 ohms as throttle is pressed.
- 5000 ohms decreasing to 0 ohms as throttle is pressed.

If you dont see exactly 0 ohms (115 ohms or less), or 5000 ohms (4700 or more), its ok, as long as its close. This test should be done on the cart, because if the controller is detecting that the throttle is pressed as the key is turned on, it wont move. You would want it installed to detect this condition.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha