lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: f r switch

the battery positive dosent go to the side post as it shows in the diagram......the battery positive goes to the lower left......does on mine anyway and this one....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85FRswitchlabel.jpg (55.6 KB, 0 views)
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
Bill
Getting Wild

*Dejavu

Pics ?

From the other thread "the big wire that comes from the F/R switch to the solenoids" or something like that.
Disconnect that wire from the solenoids tape it aside and see if You still get a spark when You hook up the pack.
If no spark, hook it up and see if You have forward.
Reading inbetween the lines here I think You hooked up the half speed reverse wire to a solenoid. it should be hooked in the middle of the pack for half voltage in reverse.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Either way the current flow is the same:

The way is shown in Your Picture (1/2 throttle):

B+ -> A1 -> A2 -> coils -> S1 -> S2 -> Neg

When you flip the F&R switch (36v):

B+ -> coils -> A2 -> A1 -> S1 -> S2 -> Neg

The wires are probably not connected correctly on the other side, just follow the path all the way from B+ to neg.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

maybe there is more than one way , I just assumed when trouble shooting you would want it factory as per diagram......
Old 11-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
81fairmont
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

here is what i have on the bottom let i have a big wire then a red that comes from th harger port and a ittle yellow wire goes to eather to the micro switch on the f r switch or to the micro switch box that one would seem that this one would be 36 v the one on the side goes to bottom pole on motor on the part that moves that one goes to the last pole on motor then the one on the left side goes to solenoids the white wire that comes off the charge port must go to batt - now the batteries are numred 1 would be the front right and number 4 would be in the left middle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcar 003.jpg (155.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golfcar 002.jpg (135.1 KB, 0 views)
81fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Assuming the big red cable is the battery main positive, my notes show it goes to the bottom lug on the passenger side. A buss bar may be connected between this bottom lug and the bottom lug on the drivers side for 36v F&R or - a battery cable can run from this lug to the + post on the 3rd battery netting 18v reverse.

The lug on the drivers side of the rotating cam is home for the motor A1 cable and the passenger side is the location for the passenger side of the resistor coils. (solenoids) The protruding bar on the passenger side is home to the motor S1 cable.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #17
81fairmont
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i think i got it will let everyone know in the am run out of light to work by i think i had some wires crossed
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
Nookiraq
Not Yet Wild

I am having the same issue, I'm new to the forum and any info anyone may be able to provide on how they have fixed this issue would be appreciated. I have a 1984 club car DS 36v I bought the cart cheap and it had a broken f/r switch, so I bought a new one. Now I'm having trouble hooking it back up. The wiring diagram doesn't show the switch detailed enough and I don't want to hook things up and fry my batteries or worse, burn my garage down. It sparks when put into forward or reverse without the key even being turned on. Also I'm not exactly sure how to tell the difference of the S1 S2 A1 A2 terminals on motor. The diagram shows all motor terminals in a row, but my motor has a black and red cable on 2 different terminals near front left side of motor, and a black and white cable on 2 other terminals near the top middle of the motor. Again thank you in advance, I would really love to get this going before hunting season ends.
Nookiraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #19
81fairmont
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

heres how i got mine fixed looking at the f r seitch from in thr batt box the wire from the side goes to the pole at the bottom closet to the battsthe right bottom pole on the switch goes to batt #4 18 v for reverse the left pole goes to batt #1 for 36v for drive then on the part that moves the right one goes to the rear pole the one close the rear of car left one on part that moves goes to solenoids
Old 11-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #20
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

the terminals on the motor are marked but you may have to clean it off really good to see them.....and I would think if your getting sparks back there then something may be loose?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car