lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Default RXV front ends

Hey Guys, long time no see. I've been out of the golf car world for a while.... I'm an airline pilot now anyway, the long of the short is that my dad passed away last year from cancer. He was the brains of our shop, and things progressed so quickly that my mom (now running the company) never had a chance to send the two employees they hired to school on the RXV. Dad passed away 8 months after we found out he had cancer.

He taught me a lot about the cars, but I left for the airlines the year after the RXV was released. We could use a little help from those smarter than us. There are several cars that have been wearing the front tires out excessively fast. They all have a lot of cupping and generally the passengers side is more bald across the width then the drivers side. The guy who is aligning the front ends is finding they are within specs, sometimes a little adjusting is required, but after setting the toe they come back 6 months later with bald tires.

I watched him set the toe the other day and I was wondering if his technique could be part of the problem... Jacks the car up, places jack stands under the front A arm and let's the car rest on those. He removes the tires and puts on hubs... He says this helps account for any out-of-round defects in the tires, and also gives a more precise location to measure center to center on.

I was curious if there was also any trend that you guys have seen that would account for the problem?

Lastly, in the sticky about removing TXT body.... Could the post with pictures be changed to give myself credit for the write up and pictures? It's the last post in that thread, and I see some other guy was trying to take credit for it, lol. I did that origin post over on Buggies Unlimited... It's still there

Thank you all very much!!!
Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO