lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
Jeeprph
Not Yet Wild

Default Best option to increase speed.

Don't want to lose torque but at the same time want to increase speed. What are my option. I see a lot on here about this but am very new to the game. Is the re programming my best bet. If so is there any way to get the torque back. What set up is best to get around 22 mph. Lmk thx. I have a 2007 yamaha drive. That. Looking to upgrade to 3 inch lift as well as 22-23 inch wheels.
Jeeprph is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
B.Roussel
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best option to increase speed.

I'm not familiar with yamahas but I will add my 2 cents. Increasing battery pack voltage will increase speed but that gets pricey. If that is out of the question then you could get a speed motor or just adding taller tires will increase speed but you will lose torque so you can get a higher amp controller to gain your torque back.
B.Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

With stock size wheels, programming the stock controller cannot get you more than 19 mph. Start looking for a motor magnet (i have never seen one for the hitachi motor), motor or controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
With stock size wheels, programming the stock controller cannot get you more than 19 mph. Start looking for a motor magnet (i have never seen one for the hitachi motor), motor or controller.
CGtech, What are you refering to regarding the "motor magnet" have never seen this term before. Thanks.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A "motor magnet" is the magnet on the end of the armature that makes the tach sensor work as the motor spins. A magnet with fewer poles would trick the controller into thinking the motor was spinning slower than it really was.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha