lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
dbensen
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 Club Car DS...What to do?

I need advise. The summary: Probably paid too much for the cart, but it looked in really good shape and had the Pickup bed on the back. It started quickly and ran smooth so for $1400 it was mine. The guy I bought it from didn't live but four miles away so I just drove it home. Didn't cause too much of a traffic situation and it gave the guys at the 7-Eleven something to talk about. Went to check/change the oil and there was nothing on the stick and it was black. Not good. Changed the oil and thought life was going to be okay. Rod knock started shortly after.
Question: Fix the existing engine, could cost upwards $600.00 or more. Should I sell the cart as is or fix it, sell a running cart and take a loss? I could install the Vegas kit but then I feel like I keep getting deeper and deeper into it and nothing to show for it all. I'm just rambling trying to think out loud. Sorry for the long post but I'm open to thoughts. Thanks for your patience, Doug
dbensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1991 Club Car DS...What to do?

I had a blown motor in my cart, those motors can be expensive to fix if you buy new parts (crank especially). Luckily I found a guy locally who was doing a motor swap and he sold me his 1986 motor for my 1987 CC (gas Club Cars ran the same motor from 1984-1991). I'd check your local craigslist. Never know what you may find.

I remember when I hadn't found the motor yet, I found a cart place in GA who said if I sent them my crank and a new rod, he would machine them and send them back for around $250 if I remember right. If your motor still has good power, that might be all you need. Good luck.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
dbensen
Not Yet Wild

Will keep an eye on Craigslist. It's a good looking solid cart and isn't nearly as embarrassing as my other ones. Going to pull the engine this weekend and see what the damage looks like. Thought I had a lead on a used engine but it looks like that fell through. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your words of encouragement.
Doug
dbensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's the build thread on mine:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...-club-car.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
lespaul52
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nice build Spring. Greetings from Canal Fulton. After reading the thread, what engine did you end up with? It seems to have plenty of power.

I just got an 89 and learning about it.
lespaul52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car