lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 Ez Go No Spark/ Coil Specs

Hi guys, hoping to tap into your wealth of knowledge here. I have a 92 Cart with the 295 Robins engine. I have a faint spark. I have been searching for the better part of a week for the ignition coil/ pick up coil specs to test them, but have had no luck. I have looked at the Shop Rebuild and Parts Manual several times for the technical specs and can not find them in there either. Does anyone know these specs or which way to point me to check next?

I have checked and cleaned all of the grounds, compression is good, valve clearance is right on, checked spark plug caps and cut off 1/4" on the wires for a better connection.

I believe the pick up coil ohm'ed out at around 21 ohms, primary (I think) on the coil (- tab to + tab) checked out at 4.6 ohms, I am not sure exactly how to check the secondary, if I check the spark plug lead to the coil post the it mounts to I get 1.7 M ohms on one side and .37 M ohms on the other. If I check from the -tab to the high tension leads I get .4 M ohms on one side and 358 K Ohms on the other. I am leaning towards bad ignition coil...

I put the hei module in and it did not help, probably getting an even weaker spark than before, given that I wired it correctly... I have read that pick up coils on these don't fail terribly often and I would rather figure it out before throwing any more parts at it, they get expensive.
brinkkl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO