lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: charger will not come on

check F/R switch contacts
check cables at F/R switch
check cables at motor
check micro switches
check all wires

diagram for your cart
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #12
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

OK Am I checking to find out why the reverse is not working or we still checking out the obc? Dont mean to sound stupid but your the expert on these things not me.Again thank you for your help.
gswillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:38 AM   #13
kantuckian
Gone Wild

By pass obc on club car
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #14
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

I connected the two 120 volt wires together and the charger started working or humming .So I guess that means my charger is working or could something else be wrong with the charger?I havent been able to reset the obc because of the reverse not working.Is there another way to reset the obc or do I need the get the reverse fixed first?Thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 07:36 AM   #15
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Here's what I think is happening. When you plug the charger into the cart, it communicates with the OBC. I think the battery pack voltage is too low for the OBC to turn on the charger. But, bypassing the OBC means the charger will be forced to turn on and will not shut off. You can charge the batteries with the cart charger by bypassing the OBC to bring the battery pack voltage to where the charger will work automatically again, or use a car charger to do the same. There should not be anything wrong with your OBC or charger.
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #16
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

When I checked my batteries in the cart they were showing almost 48 volts.I believe I am getting enough voltage to start the charger but it is not starting the charge because there is no humming sound coming from the charger.I run the cart last night about 45 minutes continually and it run just find.I had charged each battery about 30 minutes apiece at 10amps with my car battery charger prior to taking that 45 minute ride.Batteries were not dead .Plugged the charger in and it didn't work.I bypassed the two power wires from the relay in the charger and the charger came on.So that's where I'm at. Thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #17
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

If you bypassed the OBC and it worked, and you have enough voltage, I'd say the OBC is shot. Hopefully someone else will second my thinking.
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #18
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way to check the obc if my reverse is not working.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #19
gswillis
Not Yet Wild

Crash test dummy explained to me how to reset my obc,but i had to use reverse to do that and my reverse does not
work
Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #20
crash test dummy

sorry... family emergency.... was out of it for a few days
what i was trying to get was the reverse working first to reset the Obc

but if you did the bypass and it worked then your obc is bad

at some point you need to fix the reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car