lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default where to find old EZGO parts

I have an 87 Marathon 2 smoker and the exhaust is shot. bracket welded to the muffler is broke off and the exhaust pipe where it connects to the muffler is completely broken off. I am needing a replacement muffler and exhaust for it but not really needing new. I figured a salvage part would suffice. What are some good places to check or look for salvage cart parts?
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: where to find old EZGO parts

Before you get too far, inspect closely the engine mounts. The damage you describe can be caused by broken motor mounts. So you'll want to correct that before you replace the exhaust components.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
BenH
Not Yet Wild

I recently had the same problem that you did, my muffler on the 88 EZGO was too far gone to do anything but replace. I called around to everyone that I could find on the net that did golf cart salvage, and even went to my local motor cycle salvage place and found one for 2 cycle sled that I welded up and made work. Bad news is that I spent all that time and energy and wound up getting a new muffler anyways (and it works great).

The 88 is a special exhaust and you may have some luck finding a used one, for the 87.

I can tell you that if you find a good welder, and if the issue isn't the internal baffles, you may be able to have someone weld it on for $20-30 and save some $$.
BenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Thats exactly what I did. Took the muffler to a good buddy to does excellent weld work and he fixed it right up as well as laying round stock into the motor mounts.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO